Danaher Corporation Field Service Engineer in Springfield, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. Visit LeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Position Summary Provide technical service and support on equipment within the company, ISO, FDA, and budgetary guidelines with the objectives of minimizing customer downtime and generating revenue opportunities for Leica. The position has a high-impact contribution to the company’s success by providing industry leading service to our customer base.
Candidates will be bought in as Field Service Engineer I or Field Service Engineer II based upon prior work experience and skill set. The requirements below are the FSE I position.
- Provide installation support, maintenance, modification and/or repair on 1-2 groups of mechanical, electro-mechanical, electronic and/or refrigeration instruments.
- Receive mentoring/ride-alongs from team members as required to achieve full competency on trained instruments
- Achieve strategic goals and financial targets
- Effectively communicate with internal colleagues and external customers within established time guidelines to meet customer’s expectations.
- Document and complete service administration activities in a timely manner to comply with ISO, FDA, and Leica policies.
- Actively support the sale of service contracts, assist sales representatives and service team members with system configurations and upgrades, and provide input on ways to improve financial performance to generate service revenue.
- Broaden knowledge and experience to improve product, application and professional development skills and ultimately, represent the company in a professional manner.
- Maintain spare parts stock within budgetary limits to maximize customer uptime and field service related metrics.
- Control expenses to maximize the profit contribution to the company.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to instill confidence with current and prospective customers of Leica products to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Uncovering root cause of customer frustration and understanding customer needs
Required Education, Experience, Skills Education: High School Diploma or GED Experience/Skills: * Associates degree with minimum 2 years of experience OR equivalent technical work experience (minimum 4 years). * Strong time management skills, must work independently, maintain an orderly workflow according to changing priorities, and maintain individual inventory and strong documentation skill Desired Education, Experience, Skills Education: Bachelor’s degree Experience/Skills: * 3 years experience diagnosing and repairing medical devices, mechanical, electromechanical, electronic equipment and scientific instrument * Field Service Engineer experience in the medical devices / lab instruments or related industry. * General knowledge of chemistry/biology * Experience in medical workplace settings * Experience to varied travel conditions both driving and flying
Travel: 70-90% , frequent overnight travel, must maintain flexible schedule, often with short notice. Must Possess a valid Driver’s license and meet fleet eligibility requirements
Competencies/Behaviors * Work independently but able to interact as part of a team member * Proficient in computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) * Time management and productivity efficiency with service call handling * Professional with strong technical acumen – analytical with the ability to understand complex system operation and troubleshooting * Strong communication and verbal skills * candidate will interface with team members and external customers * Proficiency with test equipment used in field service support * Product and associated laboratory process knowledge * Building and nurturing internal and external customer relationships * Visual daily management * * Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Boston
Req ID: SEL001849
- Danaher Corporation Jobs