Trinity Health Registered Nurse (RN) – PRN – St. Joseph of the Pines in Southern Pines, North Carolina
St. Joseph of the Pines is proud to serve the older adults of the North Carolina Sandhills with a broad range of lifestyle and health choices for seniors. We offer a full aging service network with life plan communities, health care and home- and community-based services for older adults, as well as community outreach to those in need, that is unrivaled in the beautiful Sandhills region of North Carolina.
St. Joseph of the Pines is currently seeking a PRN RN for our Skilled Nursing Facility, The Health Center, located in Southern Pines, NC. Reporting to the Director of Nursing, the Registered Nurse will provide direct nursing care to clients and supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Individuals best fit for the position will be dependable, dedicated to their work, self-motivated and be able to build rapport with our residents in a home environment.
- Participate in community surveys and when necessary develop a plan of correction for department deficiencies.
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing personnel assigned to you in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care community.
- Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating nursing services to ensure that the resident's total regimen of care is maintained.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the community's quality assurance program for the nursing service department.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as necessary.
- Complete and file required record keeping forms/charts upon the resident's admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
- Chart nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident's response to the care.
- Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician while observing the 5 rights of medication administration.
- Review medication administration, treatment administration records for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of the physician's order, and adherence to stop order policies.
- Make daily rounds of your neighborhood/unit/shift to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report problem areas to the Clinical Care Coordinator.
- Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the physician, and in accordance with our established procedures.
- Administer professional services such as; catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and range of motion exercise, care for the dead/dying, etc., as required.
- Assist in training nursing department personnel.
- Monitor your shift's personnel to ensure that they are following established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that your assigned work areas (i.e., nurses' stations, medicine preparation rooms, etc.) and your unit’s resident’s care rooms and treatment areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Ensure that an adequate stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on your unit/shift at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
- Review care plans daily to ensure that appropriate care is being rendered.
- Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make a written/oral report to the Director of Nursing and/or Administrator indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance. Follow community's established procedures.
- Must function independently, make independent decisions, demonstrate flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with residents and personnel.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the community policies and procedures.
Experience and Education:
- Qualifications are ADN degree or BSN, current RN license in good standing with the state of North Carolina.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience
Job Number: 00119693
Location: Southern Pines, NC
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - Gossman Drive Health Center
Employment Type: Part time