Trinity Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Full Time - St. Joseph of the Pines in Southern Pines, North Carolina
St. Joseph of the Pines is proud to serve the older adults of the North Carolina Sandhills with a broad range of lifestyle and health choices for seniors. We offer a full aging service network with life plan communities, health care and home- and community-based services for older adults, as well as community outreach to those in need, that is unrivaled in the beautiful Sandhills region of North Carolina.
The Health Center, our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Southern Pines, NC, is currently seeking a full-time LPN. Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, the Licensed Practical Nurse must act in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and may be required by the Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest quality of care is maintained at all times.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in community surveys and when necessary assist in development of a plan of correction for department deficiencies.
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing personnel assigned to you in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care community.
- Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating nursing services to ensure that the resident's total regimen of care is maintained.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the community's quality assurance program for the nursing service department.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as necessary.
- Complete and file required record keeping forms/charts upon the resident's admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
- Chart nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident's response to the care.
- Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician while observing the 5 rights of medication administration.
- Review medication administration, treatment administration records for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of the physician's order, and adherence to stop order policies.
- Make daily rounds of your unit/shift to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report problem areas to the Clinical Care Coordinator.
- Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the physician, and in accordance with our established procedures.
- Administer professional services such as; catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and range of motion exercise, care for the dead/dying, etc., as required.
- Assist in training nursing department personnel.
- Monitor your shift's personnel to ensure that they are following established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that your assigned work areas (i.e., nurses' stations, medicine preparation rooms, etc.) and your unit’s resident’s care rooms and treatment areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Ensure that an adequate stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on your unit/shift at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
- Review care plans daily to ensure that appropriate care is being rendered.
- Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make a written/oral report to the Director of Nursing and/or Administrator indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance. Follow community's established procedures.
- Must function independently, make independent decisions, demonstrate flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with residents and personnel.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the community policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Current North Carolina Practical Nurses License (L.P.N.)
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
Job Number: 00118574
Location: Southern Pines, NC
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - Gossman Drive Health Center
Employment Type: Full time