Trinity Health Director of Finance – St. Joseph of the Pines in Southern Pines, North Carolina
St. Joseph of the Pines is proud to serve the older adults of the North Carolina Sandhills with a broad range of lifestyle and health choices for seniors. We offer a full aging service network with life plan communities, health care and home- and community-based services for older adults, as well as community outreach to those in need, that is unrivaled in the beautiful Sandhills region of North Carolina.
St. Joseph of the Pines is currently seeking a Director of Finance. Reporting to the President, this position is accountable for the development, analysis and management of financial reporting systems. The Director of Finance is responsible for the coordination of all internal and external financial reporting systems, internal and external audits. This position is also responsible for the overall information technology function, and capital management. The Director of Finance is a member of the organization’s Senior Management and Leadership Teams.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Financial Planning Functions
- Develops financial strategies to accommodate growth and development opportunities for SJP.
- Oversees the accounting practices for SJP.
- Provide oversight and direction to assure the accumulation, integrity and timeliness of all financial statements for senior management and management team review.
- Coordinate internal and external audits.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding the budgeting, capital allocation and financial reporting systems of St. Joseph of the Pines (Organization).
- Keep abreast of developments in accounting and auditing pronouncements by various national and other organizations.
- Responsible for the accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and collections.
- Take a leadership role in the development of long-range financial and capital plans under the direction of the President.
- Responsible for completing all financial analysis and projections related to a Threshold Capital Projects and Project Charters as assigned. .
- Responsible for the development, management and oversight of the annual operating budget process.
- Completes all operating budgets and 5 year financial projections.
- Manages the billing departments (LPC, LIFE, Home Care, Providence Place).
- Responsible for meeting the Trinity monthly closing dates and overall review of monthly financials. Completion of monthly Hyperion financial statement.
- Coordinate the agenda, materials distribution before the meeting and follow-up of issues discussed at the Finance Committee meetings.
- Provide financial and other information for meetings of the Board of Directors (SJP, LIFE, Providence Place).
- Meet regularly with various resident committees, and one to one resident meetings as requested to present and explain financial information.
- Work with actuarial and other data to estimate financial stability of the organization.
- Leads internal SJP operations/financial variance meetings with key leaders.
Additional Administrative Functions
- Responsible for the stewardship of the organization’s information technology and telecommunication infrastructure.
- Ensures information services within the organization are in compliance with guidelines established by regulatory agencies as evidenced by internal and external audits.
- Interprets and implements information technology administrative and operational policies, and monitors enforcement of such.
- Oversees the capital management process.
- Personnel Management and Development
- Orients, counsels and retains staff in accordance with established SJP Human Resources policy and procedure.
- Brings counseling concerns, including recommendations for release, to the attention of the Human Resources.
- Assigns competency performance appraisal coaching for direct reports and ensures compliance with same for those supervised by direct reports.
- Recruits, hires and terminates associates in accordance with established SJP Human Resources policy and procedure.
Financial Leadership Functions
- Maintains oversight and responsibility for the overall provision of financial services among SJP.
- Provides regular reports to the President concerning actual financial results compared to budget; directs the creation of plans of corrections for SJP.
- Provides general oversight and assistance in the creation of annual budgets.
- Attends Finance Committee meetings of the SJP Board of Trustees.
- Ensures accuracy of monthly financial statements for SJP.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting; Masters degree in Business Administration or Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- 5 years of progressive leadership experience in a multi-dimensional geographically dispersed health care system.
- Proven track record of leadership within an organization, which has responded creatively, and effectively to the changing nature of healthcare.
- 3-5 years’ previous experience in long-term care or senior living services.
Job Number: 00116864
Location: Southern Pines, NC
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - Gossman Drive Administration
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift