Gardant Management Solutions Activity Director in South Elgin, Illinois
Are you Creative?:
Do you enjoy working with Seniors? Strong organizational skills? We are currently hiring a Full time Activity Director who coordinates, develops, and maintains quality recreational and social programs by involving residents, staff, families, and the community.
The duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following: :
- Checks record for any restrictions that may limit participation in an activity program.
- Develops an individualized activity plan based upon the resident’s assessment and preferences.
- Documents the resident’s participation and progress at least quarterly in the records
- Develops a monthly activity calendar based on the resident’s needs and desires and ensures that it is posted throughout the facility and meets State and Company standards. The calendar is submitted to the Administrator for approval seven days before the end of the month.
- Drives company van on organized outings and assists residents with entry on and off the van.
- Recruits, organizes, trains, and supervises volunteers.
- Plans and maintains a budget and inventory list of activity equipment and supplies. This list is submitted to the Administrator for review at least annually.
- Evaluates the overall effectiveness of the resident’s activity program and, as necessary, modifies the program to meet the resident’s needs/interests.
A high school graduate and must have an Driver's license to operate a motor vehicle and the ability to read and write. Must be eighteen years of age or older. Must meet health assessment requirements and be able to perform each of the essential position functions. Prior experience in developing and coordinating activity services for the senior population is preferred. Valid drivers license with driving record in good standing per insurance vendor.