Trinity Health Qualifed Medication Aide - St. Paul - Contingent in South Bend, Indiana
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse Manager/Designee, the Qualified Medication Aide will assist in the administering of medications to Residents as ordered by the attending physician, under the direction of the attending physician, the nurse supervisor or charge nurse, and the Director of Nursing. The administration of medications shall be in accordance with established nursing standards, the policies, procedures, and practices of this community, and the requirements of this state.
- Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity Health and Trinity Senior Living Communities in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) Sanctuary Values to all internal and external customers (residents, visitors, volunteers, and associates.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm environment throughout the community.
- Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TSLC.
- Accurately and safely prepare, administer, and document the oral and/or topical medication that are commonly used in this community and that may be ordered for Resident use by the attending physician or the Medical Director.
- Participate in MDQI programs, the Pharmaceutical Services Committee, and any other community committee or program which affects the medication pass and seeks to improve the performance and accuracy of the medication pass.
- Ensure that all medications administered are properly labeled. Follow the labeling policies and practices of the community.
- Follow community policies and procedures regarding the destroying of medications; assist in carrying out these rules under the direction of the community pharmacist or Director of Nursing, including the documentation requirements.
- Observe and verify that medication is ingested or applied as directed. Document any instance where prescribed medication is not administered, including reason(s) for refusal.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information. Ensure that all nursing care is provided in privacy.
- Supports the admission, transfer, and discharge process for the Resident.
- Assist Elders with daily living functions such as dental care, feeding, bathing, dressing/undressing, nail care, hair care, and shaving according to expressed preference.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Answer Resident calls promptly.
- Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures, provide daily Range of Motion Exercises and Record data as instructed.
- Enters information and documentation accurately in Care Tracker in accordance with company policy, practice and standards.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, in-service training, mandatory annual in-service training and educational classes as required/needed.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the community policies and procedures.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active certification to practice as a Nursing Assistant in this state or certificate of completion of state approved nurse aide training program.
- Successful completion of Qualified Medication Aide course.
- Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred.
- Must possess superior customer service skills and professionalism.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal and relationship building skills to work in a cross-functional team as well as the ability to work with residents based on their cognitive ability.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with a high productivity level.
- Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and strong decision making abilities.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the organization
Job Number: 00112410
Location: South Bend, IN
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - Sanctuary at St Paul's
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift