Trinity Health Med Tech II-Blood Bank in Silver Spring, Maryland
Perform routine and specialized procedures, review and approve clinical test results for use in the diagnosis and treatment of patients in accordance with established protocol for a laboratory performing high complexity procedures as defined by the standards of the Clinical laboratory Improvement Act of 1988.
Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
- Works with infectious and hazardous substances.
- Be capable of performing major and minor instrument troubleshooting;
- Assuring that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications;
- Monitoring testing analyses and specimen examination to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained;
- Ensuring that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning;
- Providing orientation to testing personnel;
- Incorporates Trinity’s mission and goals and the Organization Integrity Plan into daily work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must submit to fingerprinting and FBI criminal history check.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Required (if applicable):
Bachelor of Science degree in Clinical Laboratory Technology (Medical Technology), biological, chemical or related science; and satisfactory completion of a clinical laboratory educational rotation;
A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college/university including courses in biological science, chemistry and mathematics –and- successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Technologist program.
A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college/university, including 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) of biological science (with one semester in microbiology), 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) of chemistry, one semester (one quarter) of mathematics, -and- one year of full time acceptable clinical laboratory experience in Blood Banking, Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Immunology and/or Clinical Microscopy within the last ten years. Clinical rotations or professional experience must be under the supervision of a pathologist (certified by the American Board of Pathology) or an appropriately board certified medical scientist and a certified medical technologist.
Greater than five years of verifiable experience in Clinical Laboratory Setting;
Strong knowledge of laboratory methodologies, interpretation of results, quality assurance, and CMS regulations preferred. Have ability and experience to perform as a trainer for new employees. Ability to work in harmony with other personnel; Demonstrates basic computer literacy; Demonstrates comprehension, skill and command of oral and written English Language communication
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Strong knowledge of laboratory methodologies, interpretation of results, quality assurance, and CMS regulations preferred; Ability to work in harmony with other personnel; Must have visual acuity, to include depth perception and color discrimination; Demonstrates basic computer literacy; Demonstrates comprehension, skill, and command of oral and written English Language communication.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.
Job Number: 00106793
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Organization Name: Holy Cross Health
Facility: HCMD - Holy Cross Hospital
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Night Shift