Trinity Health Clinical Nurse - Pain Management in Silver Spring, Maryland
This position is located in the Pain Management Center of the hospital. Preferred candidates will have previous experience with administering complex pain medication, CCU or other related experience as a specialty.
Must be able to monitor the patient's condition through regular contact and assessment. Will be able to interpret pain levels through verbal and non- verbal cues in order to make dosing recommendations.Using the Quality Caring Model, demonstrates acceptable performance and applies the nursing process to plan and manage the care of routine patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicates fundamental patient/family information to health care team. Identifies and communicates variances from patient goals. Responsible for providing and coordinating interdisciplinary patient care utilizing the nursing process.
Minimum licensure/certification required (if applicable):
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program; basic professional nursing degree (BSN or MSN) preferred. Note, if the basic professional degree is not present on hire, the employee must engage in a basic professional nursing degree program within twelve (12) months of hire.
- Current licensure by the Maryland State Board of Nursing or Compact State as a Registered Nurse.
- BLS certification; additional Life Support training as applicable to unit requirements.
- Professional specialty certifications may be required in accordance with departmental standards or role requirements.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Must have at least 1 year minimum experience in this specialty; Must have prior specialized experience with pain medication dosing, adverse effect assessment and care. Must be adept at communication and advocacy on behalf of the patient.
- Current knowledge of nursing skills and practice
- Computer and audiovisual skills using various applications: Internet, email, word processing
- Ability to retrieve and interpret data
- Effectively read, speak, write, compose and comprehend English
- Effective eye and hand coordination
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information within a short period of time
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
- Ability to work well with individuals and groups
General: Must be able to independently perform essential job functions.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to independently: (a) lift patients/patient care equipment up to 35 pounds, (b) push, pull, and move patients and patient care equipment, (c) bend body downward at the waist and be able to kneel, (d)utilize a computer for periods of time throughout the shift, (e) perform fine motor skills both upper extremities.
Visual Acuity: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly at distances close to the eyes.
Auditory Acuity:Must be able to identify and distinguish auditory alarms in noisy environments.
Environmental Conditions: The worker is subject to hazards associated with a hospital environment.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.
Job Number: 00198377
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Organization Name: Holy Cross Health
Facility: HCMD - Holy Cross Hospital
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift