Trinity Health Audio Visual Specialist in Silver Spring, Maryland
Position is responsible for the technical support of Holy Cross Health's conferencing and audiovisual services. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to: configurations of video projection, video and audio conferencing, virtual meetings, closed-circuit television programming, video recording & production services, still photography, video editing, and consultation on equipment use and purchase. Position is also responsible for troubleshooting issues and escalating support, where appropriate. Position provides guidance and training to Holy Cross Health staff on audiovisual matters concerning the hospitals and non-hospital locations. Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Health, and assures that all uses of the equipment and content are in keeping with the core values of the aforementioned entities.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Required (if applicable):
License to drive a car.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- BS in field of communications/video production is preferred. Technical school certification or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum of three years of related experience in the operation of audiovisual equipment/systems. Comprehensive knowledge of audiovisual equipment, including projection technologies laptop and desktop computers (PC, MAC & Tablets), DVD, CD-ROM, and digital recording/conversion and duplicating, experience in audio (wireless and fixed) systems.
- Working knowledge of video/audio conferencing (Polycom, Cisco), and virtual meeting technology (WebEx, Go-To-Meeting, Skype for Business) setup and support.
- Understanding of audiovisual system coding (AMX, Crestron, Clear One), and working knowledge of audiovisual signal flows including capability, limits and linkages.
- Familiar with Closed Circuit Television and On-Demand video systems and their operation.
- Knowledgeable of digital signage systems, configurations and applications.
- Ability to provide education and guidance to Holy Cross Health managers, departmental staff, and the Holy Cross Health community regarding use of audiovisual equipment & services so that individuals can more effectively perform their functions. Must be able to create job aids that support the use and care of equipment.
- Working knowledge of video production and video editing techniques as well as digital photography.
- Knowledgeable in the use of software products such as Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel, digital photography and video editing software (Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe Photoshop) and video conversion/encoding software (Window Media Encoder).
- Recommends the purchase of audiovisual equipment, supplies and of rental audiovisual related equipment. Maintains proficiency in all state-of-the-art audiovisual systems, attending appropriate local conferences and exhibits to keep abreast with the expanding technology.
- Must be reliable and flexible with scheduling, travel to various Holy Cross Health sites and on-call support.
- Demonstrates analytical, interpersonal, oral & written communication, planning, & organizational skills.
- Comfortable working in clinical environments such as patient rooms and operating rooms.
- Ability to be trained and able to operate scissor lift for projector preventative maintenance.
Physical Requirements: Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual Acuity: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes
Position is accountable to the Manager, Conferencing and Audio Visual Services, with minimal daily supervision. Must be able to successfully meet deadlines and develop & achieve goals and objectives that support Holy Cross Health.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.
Job Number: 00117344
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Organization Name: Holy Cross Health
Facility: HCMD - Holy Cross Health Corporate
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift