Marriott Regional Director of Food & Beverage, Greater China in Shanghai, China
Job Number 19000PTT
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location China Area Office, Shanghai, Shanghai VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Responsible for restaurant and beverage operations, working alongside with Culinary, Event Operations, Area Director of Operations in Greater China and other where applicable. Position oversees the development and implementation of Asia Pacific Continent strategies and ensures implementation of all brands service strategies and initiatives in Greater China. The position ensures the food and beverage operation meets the continents and the Greater China F&B goals, and focuses on growing revenues and maximizing the financial performance of Greater China F&B and Asia Pacific Continent. Develops and implements Greater China-wide F&B strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the continent goals.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 6 years’ experience in food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area. OR
2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years’ experience in food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
Previous similar experiences supporting F&B above property position.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Develops food and beverage operating strategies that is aligned with the continent’s business strategy and leads its execution.
Supervises food and beverage operation and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
Supervises all DFBs within Greater China to ensure that guestVoice, brand standards and financial objectives are met.
Oversees Chinese restaurants, And Chinese banquet Operations in addition to all other F&B operations within Greater China. Developing and Maintaining Food and Beverage/ Culinary Goals
Sets expectations and holds food and beverage leadership team accountable for demonstrating desired service behaviors.
Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how food and beverage is performing against budget.
Makes recommendations for funding of food and beverage projects in accordance with Greater China F&B strategy.
Works with food and beverage leadership team and Greater China ADOPS to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve the department’s financial performance.
Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance. Organizing and Managing Projects
Organizes and managing the internal conferences.
Initializes projects and communicating with all properties throughout Greater China.
Works closely with Greater China Design development team together. Leading Food and Beverage/ Culinary Team
Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
Ensures that regular, on-going communication occurs in all areas of food and beverage (e.g., Advisory Board, ADOPS, Chinese Operations).
Visits property regularly with Follow up action plans and implementations. Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities, e.g. Workshops
Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
Hires food & beverage leadership team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
Organizes Workshops in Greater China, covering Culinary, beverage, Restaurants and bars, Events and catering, Social Media and F&B priorities. Pre-Opening Support
Liaises with properties for on-site pre-opening support in Greater China.
Arranges the countdown program and managing the task force for all new properties in Greater China.
Franchises hotels Support if required.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
· Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
· Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Operations Program Design & Development-The ability to lead and/or contribute to establishing operational requirements using various inputs (e.g., market research, brand), develop content that translates to product and service specifications, such that programs can be executed in brand voice at the property level in an efficient & cost effective manner for the following disciplines: Culinary, Bar and Restaurant, Event Management, Rooms and Guest Experience, Retail and Spa, Engineering, and Procurement.
o Operations Execution-The ability to systemically implement, evaluate, and sustain operations programs to ensure that the products and services being executed deliver the intended benefits, create value, contribute to guest satisfaction, and meet the needs of the various stakeholders (guests, property staff, brand, CLS, etc.).
o Performance Monitoring-The ability to use available performance metrics to measure the effectiveness of the various operations disciplines, diagnose issues and make recommendations at the property, market, and/or brand-level.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.