Hearst Television Assistant Chief Engineer in Savannah, Georgia
WJCL-TV hasan opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to organize, plan, manage, document and execute assignments within a demanding live broadcast environment.This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams.Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, maintaining regulatory compliance, and assuring quality control of on air product. This position involves supervisory roles.
- Directly manage and oversee broadcast operations engineers, which include Master Control Operators, and other technical staff.
- Effectively manage and motivate the department personnel to attain maximum focus to ensure smooth and efficient operations to produce the highest level of quality to the viewer.
- Deploy and train personnel in new and existing equipment/technology/procedures including the station’s broadcast automation system, live newscast production, and digital workflows.
- Exhibit a good working knowledge of television maintenance and IT systems, as well as FCC requirements and licensing.
- Document and maintain engineering and operational policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to multiple priorities and follow through until successful resolution.
- Requires excellent judgment and ability to effectively handle complex issues under pressure or during emergency situations.
- 5 years of experience in Television Broadcast Operations/Maintenance
- 3 years of managerial or supervisory experience.
Computer literacy is mandatory.
Attention to details is imperative.
SBE certification a plus
- Lifting 50 pounds, climbing ladders and other physical activity associated with equipment installation.
- Must have a current driver’s license.
- Operational knowledge and experience with functions
- Knowledge of VizRT graphics a plus
- Ability to learn specialized software applications
- Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
- College Degree or related military training
- SBE certifications are preferred.