Husky Energy Staff Pipeline Integrity Engineer in Saskatchewan, California
/One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky./
/We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development./
Husky is currently looking for aPipeline Integrity Engineer.This position provides technical expertise and support to address reliability and integrity related issues on pipelines. The position will support pipeline integrity through the development and maintenance of effective programs, procedures and best practices; and provide oversight / guidance / training on their proper implementation to field staff as required. This individual will interface and work closely with various key stakeholders such as Operations personnel, Engineering personnel (within Heavy Oil and Gas and Corporate Technical Services), Service Providers (In-Line Inspection/ Pigging contractors, Chemical suppliers, CP Vendors, Condition Monitoring Vendors, NDE Vendors etc), Maintenance contactors, Projects group etc. to ensure effective assurance programs and continuous improvements for pipeline integrity and reliability. The individual must be well versed in pipe integrity threats and hazards, Canada/ US pipeline regulations, and pipeline codes and standards
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Provides technical support on the selection, development, implementation and sustainment of effective assurance/mitigation plans, monitoring and inspection programs for pipelines.
· Leads and/or participates in pipeline risk assessments, engineering assessments, pipeline failure investigations, internal/external audits, failure analysis and repairs
· Interfaces with Operations Engineering, Corrosion Services, and other service providers in regard to pipeline integrity management programs e.g. chemical mitigation, cathodic protection, protective coatings, in-line inspection, monitoring and other mitigation programs to ensure effective programs and continuous improvements
· Provides in house training on Pipeline Integrity Management
· Provides technical input to specifications, standards and procedures
· Participates in industry associations, workgroups (i.e. NACE, UPIMA, CAPP etc) workshops and conferences.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Degree in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline
· Registration as a Professional Engineer with APEGA and APEGS, or be eligible for designation
· NACE Certification(s)/Training (Cathodic Protection, Coatings, Pipelines, Material Selection is an asset
· Corrosion, Chemical Treatment, ICDA, ECDA, NACE MR 0175 is an asset
· API Certifications (1169, 570, 579, 510, 653, 571, 580 etc.) is an asset
· Welding Certifications (CSA W178.2 Level 1, 2; AWS etc.) is an asset
· Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is an asset
· Formal training in integrity specializations (Risk Assessment, ILI, Defect Assessment, Repairs, CP, Internal Corrosion Control, Coatings) and Management Systems is an asset
· Minimum of 15 years engineering experience is required
· Minimum of 8 years' experience in pipeline integrity engineering, fitness of service assessments (detailed understanding of pipeline defect evaluations and repair required) and risk assessments for pipelines
· Minimum of 5 years' experience working in corrosion engineering, or corrosion inspection services, in line inspections, chemical applications and cathodic protection for pipelines
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in the application of CSA Z662 Pipeline Standard
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a non-metallic pipeline integrity management
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in pipeline defect evaluations and repair
· Experience working with the operation & maintenance of upstream gathering or transmission pipeline systems
· Working experience in the areas of inspection/reliability and monitoring techniques, condition assessment, root cause analysis, failure investigation, corrosion control and mitigation, cathodic protection and coating systems for oil and gas or petrochemical industries,
· A minimum of 5 years in the application of regulations associated with upstream field gathering system or transmission pipeline design, installation and operation including CSA Z662, API Standards, and NEB, Alberta, BCOGC and Saskatchewan Pipeline Regulations.
· Experience in the application of pipeline component standards such as CSA Z245.1, 11, 12, 15 and pipeline coating standards such as CSA Z245.20 and 30
· Experience in the application of material standards such as NACE MR0175 / ISO 15156
· Experience in the application of ASME B31.4 or B31.8
· Previous experience with SAP
· Class 5 driver’s license
· Solid organization and time management abilities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Willingness to travel as dictated by project demands
This position is based inLloydminsterand requires the successful candidate to live in the Lloydminster area. We encourage all applicants to review the following websites about living and working in the Lloydminster area:
As this position has been identified as safety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and alcohol/drug assessments.
For this position you will be required to maintain a Class 5 driver's license, a satisfactory driving record and adhere to the appropriate Company policies and guidelines. A Driver’s abstract will be one of the background checks requested in the Pre-employment Screening conducted by Mintz Global Screening.
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company. It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky's balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
Interested candidates must apply online at:www.huskyenergy.com/careers. Only those candidates who apply via Husky's online application process can be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please see qualifications as listed in the above description.
Title: Staff Pipeline Integrity Engineer
Requisition ID: 00138133-20190206