Barnes & Noble Floor Manager in Santa Rosa, California
CA - Santa Rosa - Santa Rosa - 2603
As the Floor Manager, you act as a sales leader and are responsible for the overall sales and profitability of your store. By your presence on the floor at all times, you are responsible for leading booksellers to drive sales and are a visible representative of store leadership to the customer, ensuring a positive customer experience. You hold the store team accountable for providing exceptional customer service based on our four core service principles and the standards reflected in Customer View. You ensure operational excellence in your store to maximize sales and profitability.
• Deliver and grow sales and other business metrics year-over-year
• Create a culture of proactive customer engagement to exceed our customer’s expectations
• Use observations and metrics during assigned shift to optimize the sales and customer experience in all departments of the store
• Adjust staffing plan for the shift and redeploy booksellers, as needed, to positively impact sales and the customer experience
• Observe the sales floor to coach booksellers on improving selling conversations
• Coach and motivate booksellers, and hold them accountable to drive sales and enthusiastically model our selling behavior and culture
• Lead sales meetings and communicate product and promotional information to improve selling conversations and drive sales
• Assist with investigating and effectively resolving customer and employee issues in partnership with the store manager.
• Monitor operational and productivity standards to ensure store standards are maintained
• Maintain facility conditions and take immediate action to correct and ensure the best customer experience.
• Provide consistent communication and model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and our core values.
• Delegate operational duties to another manager whenever possible
• Attentive, outgoing, positive, enthusiastic and engaging
• Proactive with the ability to anticipate potential situations that may impact sales or the customer experience
• Strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills
• Spend the majority of time on the selling floor, which requires physical activity
• Prior retail management/supervisory experience, preferably in a store of comparable volume and complexity.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.