MasterCard Senior Software Engineer, C++ - Brighterion in San Francisco, California
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Software Engineer, C++ - Brighterion
Internally, this role is referred to as Senior Engineer, Software Engineering.
• Our platform provides business solutions to combat fraud, authenticate users and processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds
• Would you like to work on a team building industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Do you want to learn cutting edge technologies and solve complex business problems?
• Do you have creative problem solving techniques?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
The C++ developers are responsible for implementing and maintaining Brighterion’s:
• Real-time TCP servers,
• AI & ML algorithms,
• Various command line applications for administering the servers.
• Creates the development and delivery of enhanced software solutions.
• Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs. Responsible for assuring the daily activities
• Analyze requirements, work closely with platform architects to assist in architecting solutions, and create detailed designs
• Write strong unit tests and functional tests with strong emphasis on negative test cases.
• Strong communication skills (verbal & written). Comfortable in creating and presenting ideas to the upper Management, Business Owners and other Stakeholders.
• Assistance with production support issues by acting as point-of-contact and subject matter expert in resolving incidents and problem tickets.
All About You
• Strong C++98 programming skills with knowledge of standard algorithms.
• Experience in multi-threaded applications.
• Experience with Windows development (Visual Studio 201x) and Linux development (gcc 7.x).
• General knowledge of C++11 / C++14
• Knowledge of AI & ML (Data-mining, Neural Networks ...).
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Deep knowledge of software development processes including SAFe/Agile processes
• A wide breadth and depth of technical experience including JBoss, Tomcat, shell scripting, JSON, multi-threading, Maven, Linux
• Advanced understanding of Software Design Patterns with ability to apply patterns to business problems.
• Strong knowledge of performance tuning and ability to locate performance bottlenecks in diverse code base. Can recommend hardware settings and ram configurations.
• Experience in transitioning large applications to a CI/CD model.
• Experience with migrating large applications from legacy platforms to new application servers/hardware.
• Experience with Extreme Performance or NoSQL Data Storage such as GemFire Object Grid, HBase, or Redis
• Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-85897
- MasterCard Jobs