Lockheed Martin System Integration/Test Eng /Combat System Command & Decision - Display / San Diego, CA in San Diego, California
Description: At Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Training, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Support Aegis Combat System Modernization Integration Testing for Aegis CG and DDG class ships in San Diego CA as part of the Aegis Modernization Team (AMT)stationed at Naval Station San Diego.
Overall responsibility for supporting test and integration of the Command and Decision (C&D), Aegis Display System (ADS), and Mission Planner (MP) are successful.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Setup configurations, equipment interfaces and data extraction requirements for the Aegis Weapon System Command and Decision (C&D) System.
• Proper activation and operation of the computing environment; configuration and computer program operation and interface with other Aegis Combat System elements.
• Engineering support for government furnished tests, analyze test results and report findings for functional tests related to C&D, ADS and MP.
• Identify and resolve equipment and computer program issues related to C&D, ADS, and MP.
• Prepare and support computer program and/or equipment changes for the C&D, ADS and MP.
• Provide training and familiarization with system operation, maintenance, capabilities and limitations to ships force.
• Provide engineering support for testing and troubleshooting many types of communication interfaces.
• Assist with computer program and/or equipment changes as necessary to support ship test and integration program.
• Participate/perform data collection and analysis for summary report.
• Provide ships force with equipment, operations and maintenance familiarization throughout the test program.
• Some travel (domestic and international) will be required.
• Operational and Administrative knowledge of UNIX/Linux Operating Systems using Command Line Interface (CLI) in an X11 windows-based environment.
• Experience testing, integrating and troubleshooting VME-based Single Board Computer and/or High Performance Server-based systems and demonstrated experience solving complex computer/network system problems
• Candidate should possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with good written and verbal communication skills
o Must be physically able to work aboard a U.S. Navy ship and support short underway periods
o Intermediate level of competence with Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, and Power Point)
o Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
o Candidate will be subject to drug screening as per company policy
o Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time.
• Specific knowledge of Baseline 7, 8 and/or 9 Aegis Weapons System C&D and ADS elements.
• Experience with Aegis Data Extraction or Data Analysis.
• Specific knowledge of IBM Blade Center computing platforms and Cisco Catalyst-series 3750 and 6509 Switch platforms.
• Experience with testing and troubleshooting copper and fiber high speed Ethernet interfaces. Familiarity with testing single mode fiber optic interfaces a plus.
• Experience testing and troubleshooting NTDS interface hardware and cabling.
• Experience with large scale Ship Integration and Test practices.
• Experience interfacing with US Navy personnel and familiarity with US Navy command structure.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs