University of Utah Executive Secretary/Development Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 11/19/2019
Requisition Number PRN22540B
Job Title Executive Secretary
Working Title Executive Secretary/Development Assistant
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm (NO exceptions).
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00161 - College of Education-Dean
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 12.02 to 21.63
Open Until Filled Yes
Provides administrative office support to the Dean’s Office. This position also provides direct support to the Director of Development.
General Administrative Office Support including, but not limited to:
1. Greets and directs visitors, handles incoming calls.
2. Responsible for maintaining schedules for College conference rooms, project rooms, auditorium and classrooms.
3. Makes arrangements for meetings, conferences and events.
4. May make travel arrangements and provides general office support.
5. Coordinates the annual College of Education convocation ceremony.
6. Orders and maintains supplies and equipment for the Dean’s Office.
7. Assists with special projects as assigned.
Provides direct support to the Director of Development including, but not limited to:
1. Establish and maintain confidential files, both electronic and paper (e.g, gift agreements, correspondence, background information, etc.) in coordination with the Development Director and University Development office.
2. Retrieve donor/alumni/prospecting information from ADVANCE (development database).
3. Run and prepare statistical summaries, reports, and spreadsheets used for tracking development related activities.
4. Prepare weekly gift/giving reports; work with the Development Director to facilitate the thank you letter process.
5. Maintain donor related mailing lists and assist in mailings of letters, newsletters, invitations and promotional materials.
6. Responsible for coordinating special events related to alumni and fundraising (e.g. annual scholarship banquet, stewardship events).
7. Responsible for receiving, preparing and delivering deposits to the Central Development Office.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
High school diploma or equivalency required. Four years full time secretarial experience or equivalency, word processing and spreadsheet software skills and demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required.
Knowledge of business writing preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
1. Campus experience preferred.
2. Ability to interact in a professional manner with all persons, both internal and external in a customer service friendly manner is required.
3. Professional appearance and demeanor.
4. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
5. Ability to work independently and set priorities, utilizes time efficiently, and performs under pressure in a fast paced office environment.
6. A team player who is willing and able to step in and assist others as needed.
7. Ability to handle moderately complex and detailed work with good problem solving skills.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.