Salt Lake County EMT 11 in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Provides primary medical care and treatment to prisoners of the Salt Lake County Jails.
Current Certification with the State of Utah as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must pass a required background investigation.
- Performs basic emergency medical techniques in the care and treatment of patients under the supervision of the nursing or physician staff.
- Provides medical first response to emergency situations in the jails.
- Access and administer medications within their scope of practice and according to State Law.
- Obtains and records patient temperatures, pulse rates, blood pressure, weight and height measurements, review of medications, allergies, past medical history, and places patient on pulse oximetry and cardiac monitors and other duties as directed.
- Reports and records all observed or verbalized patient concerns and changes in condition to a member of the nursing or physician staff.
- Performs specialty skills and delegated procedures under the direct supervision of the nursing or physician staff.
- Performs phlebotomy.
- Cleans and stock examination rooms and medication carts as needed.
- Complies with medical records policies regarding the complete and accurate documentation of patient care. Initiates and maintains required records and legal documents.
- Facilitates communication and reporting to on-coming shift of health care staff members to promote continuity of patient care
- Advises patients on health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Applies universal infection control procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Salt Lake County
JAIL ADULT DETENTION CENTER-1003