Coinstar Transportation Services Representative - Northern Sacramento in Sacramento, California
At Coinstar, we love our customers, and we’re passionate about providing a convenient, reliable, and accurate way for them to turn their loose change into cash, NO FEE eGift Cards, or charitable donations—instantly. We strive to provide a consistent, positive, and exceptional customer experience.
Over the past 25 years, Coinstar has turned that passion into the 20,000 familiar kiosks you see in grocery stores and other locations across the U.S., Canada, Germany, the UK, and Ireland. We process about $3 billion worth of coins a year! As Coinstar continues to grow, offering exciting new services and expanding to new locations worldwide, our need to find extraordinary employees who share our vision grows as well.
If you love working with customers, enjoy flexibility and independence, are results-driven, and prefer working with your hands over being confined to a desk, then our Transportation Service Representative role is the right role for you. As the face of Coinstar, you’ll have the opportunity to take on a variety of challenging and rewarding projects in a supportive, collaborative work environment.
The Transportation Services Representative is responsible for providing coin & cash handling and transportation responsibilities which involves using a specialty designed hand truck to pull/push coin bins weighing up to 600lbs from the kiosk to a company issued truck and deliver them to a designated location. With input from your manager, you will plan and schedule your days, making adjustments as new priorities and tasks arise. You’ll work in an environment where route, daily tasks and weather conditions can (and will) change on a regular basis.
• Perform coin & cash handling and transportation services
• Provide routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs
• Comply with FMCSA regulations and related company policies
• Complete paperwork as required
• Report quality problems and other technical problems through proper escalation channels
• Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control
• As a representative of Coinstar, promote and maintain good customer relations through high standards of personal appearance, ethical behavior, maturity and good judgment
• Properly maintain assigned laptop, cell phone, equipment, company vehicle, Coinstar spare parts inventory, tools, and manuals
• Perform other duties as directed by your Manager
Education & Experience
• High School Degree or GED
• 1+ years providing transportation of goods or services
• 1+ years of customer service/customer relations
• Experience with electro-mechanical equipment a plus
• Previous experience in handling a position of responsibility with little or no supervision
• Must have excellent personal and interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of customers
• Accountable for providing support to customers that meet Coinstar's standards of superior quality service and professionalism at all times
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Must have a valid driver's license and maintain an acceptable driving record; background checks, MVR and drug tests will be required
• A Commercial Driver’s License (for operation of vehicles over 26,000 lbs. GVWR) is required
• Ability to frequently (up to 30-40 times per day) pull and push coin bins weighing up to 600lbs using a specially designed hand truck
• As required employees must work a flexible schedule including early start times, holidays, weekends, etc.
Transportation Representative work involves operating a commercial motor vehicle to service kiosks within a specific region or route. Regularly and safely perform all functions of operating a commercial motor vehicle, including prolonged sitting and frequently climbing in and out of the truck, and ascending and descending the step into the truck. Frequently positioning oneself (e.g., stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, push, pull) to handle, move or lift objects weighing up to 85 lbs. and frequently moving coin bins weighing up to 600 lbs. using a specially designed hand truck. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person or electronically. Regularly operate a laptop and mobile phone. As a Class A or B commercial licensed driver, must be able to pass the DOT medical exam.
Coinstar, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/color, religion, age, genetic information, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a job, please contact Coinstar Human Resources at 425-943-8000.