Ross Stores, Inc. Inventory Control & Quality Assurance, Intern in Rock Hill, South Carolina
The Ross Stores Inventory Control & Quality Assurance Internship will provide selected students an opportunity to experience the world of Supply Chain at Ross. The internship will be located in our Rock Hill, SC Distribution Center (travel to other sites may be required). The program will extend 10 weeks, starting in mid/late May. As part of the program, each participant is also responsible for a project and will deliver a presentation on the work they have done at the end of the program. Possible projects include subjects such as:
• Transportation Budgeting/Forecasting
• Distribution Center Budgeting/Forecasting
• SOP Standardization
• Shrink Root Cause Analysis and Solution Implementation
• Inventory Control Reporting
Participants will contribute daily to our business objectives and become a part of our team. To ensure a supportive environment we will designate a skilled member of our management team to mentor participants.
• Drive the completion of assigned project from start to finish including a final presentation.
• Participate in weekly supply chain meetings.
• Establish and maintain an open path of communication with the supply chain team.
• Gain broad exposure to our supply chain network and leadership team through daily partnerships with team members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Must be enrolled in a 4-year non-profit university or college degree program with preference to accounting, finance, logistics, or related major
• Must currently be a Junior standing with expected graduation between December 2019 and August 2020
• Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must have own housing and transportation to/from the office
• Ability to work effectively as a team member on projects
• Clear and concise oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, research and problem-solving abilities
• Self-starter with strong time management capabilities
• Advanced proficiency in Excel or Access
• Knowledge of accounting theory and strong mathematical skills
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.