SOS International LLC HR Specialist – Training and Talent Management in Reston, Virginia
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
CORPORATE-190213-8522: HR Specialist – Training and Talent Management
Location U.S. - Virginia - Reston
Open Date 2/13/2019
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking an HR Specialist to focus on Training and Talent Management.The HR Specialist – Training and Talent Management will report to the Director of Talent Management and is responsible for helping to manage the Talent Management and Training functions at SOSi. Talent Management includes performance management, employee recognition, succession planning, skill development, training, employee events, and the employee experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Acts as the System Administrator for the Training and Performance Management systems
- Manages Performance Management and Learning Management systems, partnering with business leaders and HR Partners with HRBPs and line managers to define and create skill growth standards and expectations
- Adapts quickly to changing business priorities
- Assists with planning and organizing employee engagement events
- Performs additional duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent years’ of experience
- Three to Five (3-5) years’ of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources and/or Talent Management, preferably in the Government Contracting industry
- Ability to multi-task; organize and prioritize multiple on-going projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Systems Administration experience in Cornerstone OnDemand, NAVEX, or similar performance and learning management systems.
- Knowledge of workflows, standard operating procedures, and business analysis techniques
- Superb customer service, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills; calm, professional demeanor
- Comprehensive knowledge of employment laws and hiring practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite applications and hands-on familiarity with various recruiting sources and tools
- Working conditions as normal for an office environment
- Requires periods of non-traditional hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary