Leidos Geologist in Reston, Virginia
The Intelligence Group of Leidos is currently seeking a Geologist for our Reston, VA location.
The successful candidate will provide daily broad-based understanding of geological and geotechnical engineering disciplines in a defense environment; will have experience in drilling, core logging, mining, tunnel construction and design, trenchless technology, rock mass characterization and intelligence analysis skills.
In this role, you will support a multi-disciplined team that develops methodologies, processes, and technological applications for characterizing, modeling and assessing underground facilities and WMD threats to support full dimensional defeat planning and combat operations; conduct research and writing of geological characterizations and similar technical reports along with performing field research at sites throughout the U.S. and worldwide. We are seeking a strong and diverse background in geology, geotechnical/mining engineering or engineering geology should include experience in some combination of field/tunnel/mine mapping, drilling and core logging, field geophysical surveys, directional drilling and oil/gas exploration and rock mechanics/testing. The selected candidate will also have a good background in GIS, computer modeling and programming (MATLAB). Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment inside a government facility.
• Use exploitation products, intelligence resources and geological/geotechnical expertise to produce intelligence to characterize selected sites.
• Provide geological/geotechnical guidance and judgment throughout the characterization process to produce accurate intelligence estimates.
• Work within a matrixed team to include intelligence & imagery analysts, geologists, and engineers to translate characterization analysis to construct Underground Targeting & Analysis System (UTAS)/ Integrated Munitions Effects Assessment (IMEA) 3-D models for weaponeering.
• Brief senior officials regarding capability trends and analysis.
• Must hold a minimum of an active Top Secret clearance.
• Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering Geology, Geology or Mining/Geotechnical Engineering discipline with 4-8 years of experience conducting geotechnical research and field collection, or a Master's degree with 2-6 years of experience.
• Strong background in geomechanics, computer modeling, field geophysics and tunnel/slope rock mass characterization geotechnical engineering.
• Familiar with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and MATLAB.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to successfully brief and interact with Senior Officials.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
• Military or defense-related experience and an understanding of operational planning and functional defeat of hard targets and underground facilities.
• Candidate must be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI w/ CI poly clearance.
• An active and current TS/SCI and CI Poly
• Professional Geologist accreditation a plus
• Military targeting experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
- Leidos Jobs