Microsoft Corporation Technical Program Manager 2 Commerce Enablement Services in Redmond, Washington
As a part of the Cloud & AI team, Commerce Enablement Services enables transactions in a set of pre-ordering, ordering and post-ordering systems for a wide variety of products, programs, services and offers that represent the majority of Microsoft’s revenue. Due to the volume, frequency and complexity of the required system configurations as well as the ever-changing needs of the business and market there is constant pressure to increase efficiency, agility and quality while reducing costs and supporting policy and industry compliance.
As part of our charter it is important for us to understand any new products, programs, services and changes to existing business models while, at the same time, help ensure existing and future capabilities of our commerce platform can meet the demands of our external customers and partners. through commerce processes and systems that include: contract management, pricing, ordering, fulfillment / provisioning, benefits, etc. All this while we continue to transform how we ensure impact via crisp processes and their automation as well as to their evolution towards a fully automated set of cognitive services that will help transform how we operate our commerce platform and services. We are looking for a passionate, talented and creative team member excited about building and expanding our culture of more efficient delivery and greater impact through automation.
As a Program Manager within the engineering profession, this job demands commitment to delivering business impact by analyzing, designing and delivering processes and frameworks as well as simple and effective tooling and automation that enables intuitive and efficient operation of our commerce systems and processes to ensure maximum impact through collaboration and building upon others ideas.
You will be involved in defining the automation systems and strategies related to the operation, execution and support of our commerce systems. You will collaborate with multiple team members within our organization as well as stakeholders across marketing, operations, product and engineering teams in Microsoft. You will have the opportunity to learn and apply the different behaviors, rules, licensing models and commerce interactions as well as have critical involvement in the roadmap of future products launching to the market. Responsibilities include:
• Understanding commerce systems data integration, rules, behaviors & guardrails and ensure the reduction of manual operational work via automation and tools.
• Analyze commerce and transactional data and leverage it for optimization of designs and delivery.
• Produce metrics and reports in support of prioritizations aligned with organization and business priorities.
• Ensure alignment with existing tools systems, frameworks and processes and enhance their capabilities as needed.
• Identify areas of opportunity for automation and improvements.
• Building a comprehensive roadmap that align deliverables from different teams (telemetry, user interfaces, data workflow orchestration automation, feedback, new features) and as needed, manage the project delivery and its execution.
• Identify and understand dependencies as well as technical and business requirements to help produce specifications which will drive the blueprint for the automation.
• A degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Statistics or related discipline with 4+ years of related work experience.
• Proven experience managing Agile / Scrum / SDLC projects and project management skills.
• Data-based discipline experience (i.e. data management, data model design or data analysis, data science).
• Experience designing and/or developing systems, processes and/or tools
• Proven creative, analytical and critical thinking
• Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships, collaboration and influencing functional & diverse global teams
• Exceptional problem-solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
• RDBM / SQL, Powershell, Python and/or C# coding skills for solution building
PREFERRED, NOT REQUIRED:
• Metric based process mapping and/or continuous improvement
• Applicable knowledge in Machine learning and Azure / Cloud environments and services
• Experience building cloud based services and/or microservices
• Experience with Commerce platforms and Supply Chain Management
• Data operations and or Run operations experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs