Microsoft Corporation Service Engineer in Redmond, Washington
Are you interested in being a part of Office 365 who just passed the 10 billion dollar revenue mark? Does supporting over 1.2 billion users and some of the largest companies in the world sound exciting? Do you like the thrill of driving resolution for a global service event one day while driving improvements to the business the next? If you said yes to these questions, then the Microsoft Customer Experience (CXP) team wants to talk to you!
Come join a fast-paced Engineering team responsible for incident communication and coordination for all of Microsoft Office 365 services. The CXP Incident Communication and Coordination (ICC) team is a 24*7 organization, focused on real-time communication to our external customers as well as internal partners. We are looking for dynamic and flexible individuals who will help drive service incidents to resolution while effectively communicating these incidents to our customers and key stakeholders. The successful candidate will also be accountable for helping to define and drive efforts to improve communications and operational excellence across multiple engineering teams.
• Provide excellent incident communications to stakeholders and external customers
• Effectively coordinate these incidents across multiple organizations within Microsoft
• Define and drive efforts to improve our incident coordination and communication capabilities
• Ability to multi-task on several incidents and/or projects at once
• Provide great leadership and guidance to ICC vendors on shift
• Ability to drive complex issues including multiple teams to resolution, including security and privacy investigations
• Deliver metrics reporting showing impact of communications processes.
• Investigate problems in the ICC operations space and develops plans/recommendations for improvements
• Drive improvements in our communications processes and verbiage using data driven analysis
Skills and qualifications:
Passion for customer excellence
Prior experience working in 24*7 operations
Must effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks to deliver high-level objectives/projects
Strong reporting and analytics experience
Flexible shift coverage required, including evenings and weekends
Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
Demonstrated ability to tailor communications to different audiences
Excellent project/program management skills with great attention to detail
Demonstrates technical excellence by applying engineering principles to solve complex problems
Excellent crisis management skills, demonstrating resilience and maintaining a constructive attitude in times of change
Ability to quickly absorb and apply new concepts
Great collaborator and team player, building trust and respect with people outside of the immediate team
ITIL or MOF Certification encouraged
BA/BS or 3+ years of relevant work experience
3+ years of experience in a Service Engineering role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs