Microsoft Corporation Service Engineer II - CTJ in Redmond, Washington
Microsoft has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join the Azure Cross-Domain Systems (CDS) team. Azure CDS enables secure data transfer between enclaves, supporting a wide set of missions within highly regulated industries. We welcome you to meet the team and learn about the complex challenges you can solve with us!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support Cross-Domain Solutions (CDS) systems engineering and operations as part of larger systems engineering efforts within the Azure Cloud. You will also be supporting the development of system designs that meet both mission functional requirements and security policy/assurance requirements. Cross domain services span a variety of security domains and classes of services. MSFT employees in this role will be working with IC and DoD customers on a baseline capability to support cross-domain requirements and implement new CDS platforms and features as required.
· Support, troubleshoot, and automate implementation and day to day operations of Azure CDS systems, including a rotating on-call responsibility
· Engage with Microsoft technical experts, government agencies and the user community to identify and solve use constraints and common issues
· Work with Microsoft technical experts to investigate integration of new technologies
· Work closely with security assessment teams to ensure compliance with security standards
· Travel expectation: 0-25%
· 3+ years Windows Server and/or Linux systems experience, RedHat/CentOS · Continuous configuration automation experience (Ansible, Saltstack, Puppet, Chef)
· Systems shell scripting experience (Bash, PowerShell)
· Network configuration and troubleshooting experience (Linux, Windows, Cisco)
· Experience working on large scale services with on-call responsibilities
· Ability to contribute and influence towards common goals and priorities
· Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
· Ability to apply security principles and mechanisms to the systems and enterprise system designs
· CS Degree or equivalent experience
· Apache NiFi configuration and troubleshooting experience
· Deep understanding of the OSI model and separation of networks
· Knowledge / expertise in systems security engineering
· Understanding of DoD/IC Security controls and requirements
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph) clearance.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs