Microsoft Corporation Senior Software Engineer in Redmond, Washington
Are you passionate about improving customer experience by making applications run faster? Are you passionate about understanding the intricacies of the operating system and improving it to delight our customers – whether on client devices or Azure? Our team works across the full stack, starting from our hardware partners to compiler to a range of OS and Azure teams to improve performance of key areas every release – from fast Unlock on Windows devices to Windows/Linux VM provisioning on Azure. We build a deep understanding through telemetry analysis, profiling and characterization of the system and applications and drive improvements across all boundaries. Our work is data-driven with a sharp focus towards achieving excellence.
Our Ideal Candidate is:
• Self-Driven, experienced in solving complex problems
• Curious about Systems – OS, hardware/software interactions
• Strong Communication and Collaboration Skills
• Strong team player
As a member of the team you will profile and characterize application workloads and their platform usage, identify bottlenecks and work with the team to evaluate optimizations, both immediate and long term, across the software/hardware stack. Your work will range from improving customer satisfaction along the dimensions of performance, power and reliability delivering optimizations. This includes deliverables with both immediate gains and long lead projects with our partner teams in Core OS and Azure. You will work appropriately with the development cycle on both design and implementation with a variety of feature teams from the Core OS, application and Azure teams.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Required qualifications (need to be quantifiable):
• BS degree in CS or related engineering field Solid design, programming and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in at least one programming language (C++, C# or Java)
• Good communication, collaboration and planning skills
• Understanding of the Windows operating system
• Prior experiences showing the ability to work across team boundaries to deliver a complete end-to-end scenario
• Prior experiences showing the ability to resolve ambiguities effectively in designing new code and in diagnostic investigations
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
• Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs