Microsoft Corporation Senior Software Engineer in Redmond, Washington
The Azure Commerce + Ecosystems (C+E) team enables one of Microsoft’s most business-critical needs, as a part of Cloud and AI. With a global presence in over 240 markets, close to 150 million transactions a day, and billions of dollars in revenue, Commerce services need to be true internet scale and have state of the art availability, reliability and responsiveness. We are building the platform and tools to enable commerce experiences across Microsoft.
The Cayman team within (C+E) is building a core platform to enable product, pricing and offer management across the breadth of Microsoft’s 1st and 3rd party products and services. We want to enable quick and convenient business data management, enabling business agility and configuring various services to enable transactions, order management, subscriptions, billing etc. to operate correctly as per business intent. The work we do impacts the Microsoft bottom-line to the tune of billions of dollars in business growth and revenue. We’re going after hard problems and solving them will have tremendous impact.
Successful candidates will exhibit various attributes which will enhance their ability to succeed in this position.
· Collaboration - As most development is about working with others, both within an immediate team, as well as across business units and portions of the company, an ability to collaborate effectively is a core competency to have.
· Customer Focus - A focus on delivering customer value, and being able to directly tie engineering decisions and actions to that value is a huge plus for successful engineers at any level.
· Drive For Results - Being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all, is a skill and ability which a successful engineer should exhibit.
· Technical Excellence - Core to being a software engineer is of course technical excellence. This is not merely knowing the latest and greatest language developments, but demonstrating a passion for technology, a curiosity to ‘go deep’, and an ability to quickly learn and build upon past experiences, to be able to extrapolate from those experiences, and deliver innovations. Technical excellence is rooted in having a strong demonstrable aptitude for problem solving.
Design and build scalable, high availability web services
Design strong business models for the new and existing cloud offerings
Collaborate with various teams who take dependency on the services built
Collaborate with PM to plan and execute on key deliverablesWork in a culture of continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection and growth
• Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent
• 8+ years of industry experience.
• Demonstrated ability to build products the right way and achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Programming in C# and/or Java
• Solid engineering practices in design, coding and testing
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Experience shipping and running services on Azure
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs