Microsoft Corporation Senior Software Development Engineer in Redmond, Washington
The Surface development team is seeking a talented software development engineer with a strong systems background and experience with software and firmware interaction.
Job responsibilities will encompass designing and coding kernel-level drivers, debugging middle layer OS frameworks, and general tools development. You need to be a team player who works well in a collaborative environment with peers in other development disciplines, Quality and Program Management.
• BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in software or hardware development related fields Preferred Qualifications:
• Excellent C/C++ design and coding skills
• Ability to quickly ramp-up on complex and unfamiliar code
• Experience writing or working with Windows kernel model drivers (WDF, KMDF, etc)
• Demonstrated strong problem solving and debugging skills. Experience with Windows debugger (windbg).
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task while balancing short-term and long-term needs.
• Optional hardware debugging experience.
• Experience with scripting language like PowerShell and/or Python.
• Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven Some domestic and international travel may be necessary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs