Microsoft Corporation Senior Scientist in Redmond, Washington
In Cognition, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
Biometrics is becoming the mainstream technology for authentication in both consumer and enterprise space. The team is looking for researchers and engineers at all levels to accelerate the development of the face recognition technology for multiple product lines.
• Design, implement and improve code for biometrics authentication system
• Result analysis and algorithm tuning to maximize performance
• Evaluate and optimize code to meet timing and memory requirements
• Define customized hardware
• Bachelor, Master, or PhD Degree in Computer Science, Computer vision, Machine Learning, Statistics, or equivalent
• 5+ years of research or product development experience in computer vision, deep learning, machine learning or AI technology.
• Proficient problem solving and software development skills (C/C++, C#, etc.).
• Excellent communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
• Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs