Microsoft Corporation Senior Program Manager in Redmond, Washington
Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Windows vision. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
Role & Opportunity:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager for Displays who has a proven track record of building innovative products through several development cycles. You will be responsible for leading the touch & display module (TDM) team on a product in development through the definition and development phases from concept to prototype to implementation. You will work with internal / external partner teams, suppliers, product management, architects, development, quality assurance, and user experience teams to align objectives, create functional specifications, implement a plan, and ultimately deliver a high-quality product. The successful candidate will have experience with touch & display technologies, effective written and oral communication skills, excellent cross-organizational and project management skills and thrive in a fast paced, evolving and highly innovative environment.
Drive overall TDM development by working with cross-functional teams (HW/ME/optical Engineering, Design Verification, NPI, Manufacturing, Software)
• Define product investments to enable vision.
• Justify and prioritize the feature set against the vision and strategy.
• Write detailed functional or requirement specifications that enable product engineering to execute.
• Align investments with internal / external partner teams.
• Evangelize the feature set across engineering, business and senior leadership.
• Drive the execution and delivery using common engineering tools, triage, tracking and reporting aligning to product milestones.
• Anticipate risks; assess, mitigate, and manage accordingly.
• Organize and present program reviews/status to engineering, business, and senior management.
• Develop and protect intellectual property.
Domestic and international travel required.
• Minimum of 7 years working as a technical program manager or other engineering discipline defining, driving, and shipping products or services through multiple ship cycles.
Min 5 years of experience managing hardware partners and relationships including creating statement of works
Min 3 years of experience of developing and integrating LCD, OLED technologies from RFI/RFQ to mass production
• Strong understanding of LCD or/and OLED technologies, experience of touch technologies and designs.
• Strong electrical and or mechanical background with a passion for shipping product.
• Held responsibility for the creation of functional specifications, project schedules and building plans to deliver.
• Enthusiastic, attention to detail, results oriented, organized, motivated and self-driven.
• Strong strategic leadership and analytical skills.
• Solid critical thinking and questioning skills.
• High degree of flexibility - willing to fill in the gaps rather than relying on others.
• Experience with hardware design is a plus.
• Experience with one or more of the following is a plus: System integration, PC architecture, CPU’s and memory technologies, Mechanical design of consumer products.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs