Microsoft Corporation Senior Program Manager in Redmond, Washington
Helping developers solve real world problems is at the core of both Microsoft as well as our customer and partner success. In the Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team, our Program Managers and Engineers share a common passion for listening to and working with developers at Microsoft’s biggest customers and partners. We go where they go. We sit and code with them to learn and understand. When it makes sense, we provide technology options from Microsoft to help and we always share insights and feedback to MSFT Engineering teams to help improve our products. Come be a part of an amazing team that is passionate about transforming how Microsoft engages with developers, engineering teams and our field.
CSE’s EEST (Engineering Engagement and Strategic Technology) organization is chartered with defining shared technical priorities in partnership with Engineering teams; then driving direct engineering engagements, readiness, feedback and insights supporting a worldwide engineering focused organization who plays a leading role in accelerating Microsoft platform priorities usage and adoption across Azure, AI, Office and Windows. We also directly lead early developer-partner engagements with many of the most innovative and compelling companies building software today!
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager who shares our team’s passion for engineering and thrives in situations where you are sought as the thought leader; who can just as easily communicate recommendation to senior-level execs as roll up your sleeves to help get practical work complete. Working across multiple teams, this roll will be responsible for:
• Manage the CSE engagement and strategy in the business applications space for Microsoft’s largest customers/partners. This including customer/partner solutions that integrate with Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, and the Microsoft Power Platform.
• Establish and maintain relationships with key product engineering teams and work with them to prioritize and incorporate customer/partner feedback into their planning and backlogs.
• Lead our process to define, release and monitor direct engineering and “code-with” related programs and efforts working in a highly collaborative environment with engineering and program managers around the world as well as with MSFT Engineering teams in Redmond.
In a world where we are updating our Microsoft developer platforms almost every quarter, both these efforts are ultra-complex, multi-variable problem spaces that require collaboration with many different Microsoft organizations within CSE and beyond. This is true for all technical areas, but especially true in the business apps space.
This role will require the skills of a typical engineering Program Manager: owning and driving working groups, enumerating work items, ownership, milestones and timetables, driving operational model, status reporting, and working to continuously improve operational cross team collaboration and results.
We are seeking a candidate with the following characteristics:
• Thrive in practical hands on efforts in highly collaborative environment that include a range of stakeholders across Engineering, Program Management and field teams.
• Good decision-making skills, conflict resolution, and follow through.
• Data driven with a passion to use data to understand, improve and maximize impact.
• Detail oriented with ability to author and communicate plans in way that everyone understands priorities and what needs to get done.
• Proven record of Program Management or product planning success.
• You excel at working with other teams and getting agreement on timelines and schedule.
• You have a solid understanding of software engineering/development fundamentals and perhaps even have a developer background.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience supporting engineering or regional technical practices with a proven track record of working closely with large development and/or regional technical teams.
• Minimum of 5 years in Program Management or Software Development, demonstrating a sense of commitment to end-to-end product or service quality, completeness and the resulting user experience for the life of products and services.
• An understanding of cloud computing technologies, and emerging technical trends.
• Previous software engineering/development experience is highly desired.
• Specific understanding of Microsoft’s or competitors Cloud Compute platform (IaaS, PaaS, Containers and other hybrid compute technologies) is highly desired.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs