Microsoft Corporation Senior Electrical Engineer in Redmond, Washington
Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on lighting up Microsoft experiences with touch first computing. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
Role & Opportunity:
We are looking for a Sr. Engineer to focus on motherboard and associated electrical system design for next generation Surface products. A strong mix of technical breadth and depth will allow you to work cross-functionally with different disciplines (Industrial Design, Mechanical, Electrical, Thermal, Software and Firmware) to develop compelling innovative products. You will design and develop circuits and systems, select key strategic components work with a motivated team to develop the entire product.
• Develops Schematics and BOM to meet the design requirements.
• Analyzes the design with simulation tools and calculations to verify its conformance to the design requirements.
• Collaborate with mechanical engineering, firmware, hardware verification, and many other engineering and design disciplines to optimize the overall system of the product from concept to completion in the factory
• Works with suppliers, contractors, and engineering services to ensure that the product is developed on time with high quality
• Design, build and test rapid prototypes for evaluation of new product ideas or technology concepts.
• Conducts design/debug investigations and support development, maintenance, failure analysis, and resolution activities.
• Develop project documentation including specifications, schematic diagrams, PCB layouts, schedules and presentations to meet requirements and communicate the electrical design and its progress
• Minimum BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or related field.
• 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and shipping high volume consumer electronics products of medium to high complexity.
• Hands-on design experience preferred in analog/ digital electronics ranging from: RF, analog, digital, audio, video, power, electromechanical, low power, charging, touch display, and sensors.
• Experience preferred with x86 PC architectures and implementation of high speed serial busses (NVME, PCIe, USB, MIPI) and/or high speed parallel busses such as: memory bus (DDR2/x, etc.)
• Proficient in high speed digital design, signal integrity, layout, RF/EMI mitigation techniques, and power distribution techniques of modern processors
• Strong problem solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of core engineering principles, fundamental circuit design, and analytical techniques is required.
• Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
• Design for manufacturing and test experience in a high volume manufacturing environment preferred.
Domestic and international travel will be required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs