Microsoft Corporation Principal Software Engineering Lead in Redmond, Washington
Windows devices deliver highly personalized experiences to customers through a highly connected and complex ecosystem. Data gathering is key to how we keep Windows up to date, secure, and personalized, but customers are only willing share that data with companies they can trust. Windows privacy is about building and keeping that trust by ensuring Windows and our browser and device experiences adhere to data collection practices that are transparent and compliant. Come be part of an agile, fast-moving, development team with ambitious goals to help meet the new worldwide privacy standards and build customer trust.
We are searching for qualified candidates to drive major design decisions to help build Windows monitor, audit, and enforce privacy standards in key systems across Microsoft, as well as lead a team to build the engineering system components needed to empower the Privacy Program in Windows.
• Build and lead a diverse and talented team of software engineers.
• Partake in design, implementation and execution of a variety of solutions to ensure privacy compliance across Windows releases.
• Work with development teams locally and remotely to plan and prioritize the development and test strategy for shipping high quality, compliant Windows OS releases.
• Contribute to our technical architecture as the privacy landscape is continuously evolving.
• Drive for results, increasing our team’s impact as our processes and content identify issues more effectively.
• Work with data to measure impact, effectiveness and make business decisions.
• Work with latest Windows devices and technologies.
• Invest in others’ growth and mentor team members and build highly capable teams.
Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent.
8+ years of industry experience designing, building, testing & shipping software.
3+ years of people management and leadership experience.
Good cross-group collaboration skills and proven ability to partner across organizations and geographical distance.
A passion for deeply understanding customer needs, protecting customer rights and enabling the business.
Good problem-solving skills and ability to deal with ambiguity comfortably.
Be highly motivated and demonstrate willingness to learn and to grow within the role.
Experience with large scale real-time systems, services, or databases.
Knowledge of privacy practices or CIPP certification.
Understand common web service API design and implementation, such as REST and WebApi.
Experience with Angular or other UI development standards.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs