Microsoft Corporation Principal Service Engineering Manager in Redmond, Washington
When you have a place to create and make decisions as a team, there’s no limit to what you can achieve. Teams brings everything together in a shared workspace where you can chat, meet, share files, and work with business apps. We deliver hundreds of cloud-first, globally-distributed, micro services, built natively on Azure, powering the collaboration experiences our customers love.
Our code and work enable Microsoft Teams software engineers to build systems and products used by billions of people. If you are interested on helping improve tools used by thousands of Microsoft engineers, you could be one of them.
About the team The Engineering Services Pipeline team develops and supports tooling around continuous integration and release management workflows used by thousands of developers. We strive to enable software engineers to unleash their creativity. We develop on Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies to support a wide range of engineering teams.
What we do:
· Develop and maintain a managed experience on automated and compliant release workflows.
· Make sense of our data to provide metric-based insights on development pipelines.
· Deploy our own tools on Azure-based cutting-edge technologies.
· Follow DevOps practices.
· Create and maintain extensions and services built around Azure DevOps.
· Experience in leading Engineering development teams.
· Experience in programming languages such as C#, Java or Python.
· Familiar with cloud technologies and microservices.
· Knowledgeable about build, test and software release systems (CI/CD), as well as agile software development technologies.
· Excellent written and spoken English (other languages a plus) and good communication
· Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to set guidelines to write clean, maintainable and tested code.
· Azure experience is a strong plus.
· Experience in microservice architecture is a nice to have.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs