Microsoft Corporation Escalation Engineer in Redmond, Washington
As an EEE, you will be an elite member of the support team and embed with the Security Engineering for MDATP. You will lead engineering investigations to bring quicker issue resolution to Support incidents impacting our customers, to improve their experience and drive key service improvements. You will build solutions, help create tools, and help automate issue detection, diagnosis to enable customers, support to self- resolve the issues. You will identify emerging trends or re-occurring escalation scenarios and drive engineering opportunities to mitigate and/or eliminate them from the workflow. This can include a range of potential work item categories; such as self-healing mechanisms, self-serve, transparency, automation, and/or increasing the capabilities for Visual Studio Team Services support. You will contribute to the Product improvements by filing impactful bugs, design change requests and help developers to fix the bugs, ship the fixes to production to prevent future customers from getting impacted. As a trusted advisor to the engineering team, you will suggest changes to future versions to better equip our support teams as well as our Partners and Customers, and help influence in-market solutions today. As a customer ambassador, you will also partner with the engineering leadership for strategic technical, architectural and design discussions, and represent the customer voice in planning efforts. These strategic areas of focus will target our highest impact pain points for our Partners, Customers and support team members.
Beyond extensive technical focus, this role requires the ability to communicate issues and recommendations clearly and concisely, and build broad relationships with influencers to impact key business results for our business. The successful candidate will have an understanding of the competitive landscape and use this understanding to influence key decision makers in both Support and the Engineering Groups.
This position requires extensive cross-group coordination and excellent oral and written communication skills. Attention to detail; and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude are required to manage the variety of responsibilities and deliverables. You must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines, while also exhibiting flexibility and adaptability across a broad organizational matrix.
It’s your chance to:
• Work directly with our Product Group to provide world-class engineering support at a product component level.
• Perform complex product debugging and remediation when needed; working alongside the development teams to drive Support incident resolution for configuration, code, or other service deficiencies impacting customers.
• Embedded Escalation Engineers are not expected to write product code; however, should be able to apply their code skills and understanding towards efficiently resolving Support issues as appropriate
• The position is primarily “behind the scenes” providing engineering support to the Support teams on Support incidents that require Product Group engagement. At the same time, individuals should be capable and prepared to periodically engage directly with customers to help facilitate incident resolution as appropriate.
To be successful in this role, the following skills and experience is desired:
• BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent industry experience
• At least 3-5 years of Technical Escalation Support experience (in a Tier 2/3 environment) including experience in a customer-facing or customer technical support role
Strong Proficiency With:
• Deep technical and architectural knowledge for Security, Networking, Storage and Compute
• Azure Services. i.e. Compute, Azure Storage, Azure IaaS Services (and Azure VMs)
• PowerShell to deploy, update, or manage an Azure Service
• Visual Studio to develop, debug, and or deploy Azure Services
• Programming: Visual Basic, C#, C
Intermediate Skills In:
• Familiarity with Azure Active Directory (AAD)
• Familiarity with Azure Networking
• Familiarity with Microsoft Security Technologies including Window Defender ATP, Windows Defender
• Some Experience Preferred with Azure trouble-shooting tool: ACS, Kusto, COSMOS, etc.
• Leadership - handle technically challenging and politically hot customer situations
• Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
• Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems and develop solutions
• Ability to work collaboratively with the Engineering teams to drive architectural changes throughout the environments to improve stability of each environment
• Outstanding partnering capabilities
• Ability to drive product/service improvements in core technical focus area
• Logical and Critical thinking, and demonstrated success in dealing with ambiguity and problem definition under continual deadline constraints
• Passion for technology and customer support
Ability to partner within virtual teams towards executing on multiple technical initiatives simultaneously
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs