Microsoft Corporation DM Manager in Redmond, Washington
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Do you want the opportunity to capture and drive delivery for the largest growth and focus accounts for Microsoft Services? Do you like to foster and manage delivery relationships with enterprise customers and partners and provide leadership on multi-phased, complex, and end-to-end solution deliveries? Do you enjoy delivering professional services and reaping the rewards of a satisfied customer?
Microsoft Services helps customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a global team of exceptional people who deliver world class services with our partners, earning customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by improving the overall customer and partner experience, and serving as the customer advocates within Microsoft for driving customer-centric product improvement.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
The Delivery Management Manager (DMM) leads a high-performance team of seasoned service delivery professionals well versed in cloud adoption, delivery management practices, and technology trends.
The DMM is accountable for end-to-end service delivery within an assigned portfolio of customers, representing Microsoft Services throughout all deal phases while demonstrating a critical partnership with internal and external stakeholders. The DMM serves as the Microsoft Services primary point of accountability and/or escalation for their portfolio of customers. This role has direct people management responsibility for both delivery and relationship management resources and supervises the services delivered to customers by their team. The DMM is responsible for driving customer satisfaction, driving customer effective use of Microsoft’s cloud platforms, services revenue growth & profitability, and the governance of delivery for their portfolio of accounts.
Who We Are Looking For
The ability to be effective as a DMM requires a senior executive who has held strategic leadership roles within Microsoft and/or executive leadership positions within global services or Fortune 1000 corporations. The ability to easily and effectively connect and related to senior customer executives is an imperative. DMMs develop relationships with key line-of-business executives (CxO level), putting them in position to translate early business needs and insights into actionable Solution strategies and assist Business Units in driving these initiatives to early results and business value.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience
• PMP or other project management certification preferred
• Minimum of 10 years of consulting experience with a major consulting, technology or professional services firm
• Demonstrated capability in managing complex projects and support engagements
• Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to build, extend, and maintain senior client relationships
• Exceptional communication, team building and mentoring skills
• Previous revenue management and forecasting experience
• Demonstrated capability in developing and retaining professional talent
• Demonstrated ability to lead client and consulting teams in a highly matrixed organization
• Work experience should involve technical consulting, pre-sales, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development, deployment,
• Must have demonstrated experience collaborating with sales, architects and clients in structuring work to sell new business.
• Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Customer/Partner Relationships, Product & Technology Expertise, Project Management, Strategic Insights
LOCATION: Close proximity to any major city in the Western US
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs