Schlumberger Maintenance (Mechanical) Technician - Alaska in Prudhoe Bay, Texas
Maintenance (Mechanical) Technician - Alaska
Location: Prudhoe Bay - United States
The Maintenance (Mechanical) Technician is responsible for following the technical package to be able to minimize the mechanical and electrical failures in equipment, that may result in either lost time or poor quality data by ensuring that their assigned equipment is maintained as per Product Line Standards and according to the latest specifications. He/she performs preventive maintenance and modifications under technical supervision according to defined schedules. He/she is aware of the potential risks associated with such maintenance and works in a safe, orderly and efficient manner.
He/She reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures his/her training is on schedule and accurately recorded.
- Learns, through organized seminars and personal study, the operational and technical characteristics of the Product Line tools.
- Keeps current with new Product Line tools and mechanical technology and with updated maintenance methods.
- Promotes the importance of Data and Service Quality within the maintenance community.
- Understands and complies with Schlumberger's rules and regulations.
- Maintains close communication with supervisors and Field Engineers.
- Ensures all assigned equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, resulting in proper functionality and minimum failures.
- Performs Quality checks strictly, as per procedure, and according to the defined schedule.
- Modifies equipment in a timely manner and only in line with official modification releases.
- Proficient in the use of the Schlumberger InTouch, Quest, training programs/systesm, etc...
- Records all maintenance and failure events immediately and accurately.
- Understands and helps drive the Schlumberger World Wide Service Quality Plan within Alaska.
- Actively uses Schlumberger InTouch support both for technical solutions and for knowledge sharing.
- Reports honestly and accurately at all times.
- Test and repair various mechanical systems and equipment.
- Run tests or fault diagnostics on equipment to locate and address a problem.
- Inspect and test mechanical equipment using multimeters.
- Analyze and interprets test data.
- Promotes a culture of safety awareness within the maintenance community.
- Ensures his/her work areas are safe, clean and orderly at all times.
- Keeps Maintenance Manuals and other confidential documents secure and in good order.
- Follows the company policies and procedures on health, safety and environment.
- Supports Management efforts to minimize general Quality and HSE risks and promotes respect, understanding and adherence to safety regulations.
- Uses Schlumberger QUEST system to report required improvements (RIR) and for follow up on action items.
- Continuously strives to optimize the safety and efficiency of maintenance procedures.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of Schlumberger and client information.
- Understands and actively applies the SLB LTI/AA Prevention Plan.
- Takes an active part in the Alaska Safety & Engagement Team (SET).
Qualifications and Experience:
- An educational background of at least a 2-year technical / associate degree and/or 2-years of related work experience.
- Basic PC literacy and experience with Microsoft Office Suite desirable.
- Must be physically able to frequently lift heavy equipment above and below shoulder height, and perform continuous standing, walking, reaching, and bending.
- Ability to read, interpret, and carry out written and oral instructions; write legibly; prepare and maintain routine records; estimate department needs; determine the quality and quantity of materials received in relation to prescribed specifications; performs accurate arithmetical calculations; work under pressure; maintain good working relationships with supervisors and peers, organize and prioritize work; and light machinery that may include a forklift
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
- Current Alaska residency preferred.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested