Columbia Sportswear Company Seasonal Retail Cashier - Portland Employee Store in Portland, Oregon
Seasonal Retail Cashier - Portland Employee Store
Portland, OR United States
9/14/2019 3:03:25 AM
Cashier Associate ensures the timely, accurate and efficient operation of the cash wrap area by following the established policies and procedures. The Cashier will also provide exceptional customer service and assist the store leadership team in supporting our company mission:
• Perform Cashier Duties at the checkout counter including:
• Scan items at point of sale and ensure pricing is correct, discounts applied, etc
• Collect Customer payments in all acceptable forms • Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
• Provide receipts at the conclusion of the sale.
• Provide exceptional customer service by:
• Respond to customer questions or issues
• Greeting all customers with a smile
• Providing suggestions for additional purchases and sales recommendations
• Maintain accurate checkout operations by following policies and procedures; reporting any issues to store management.
• Maintain cleanliness and safety standards in the store by organizing and cleaning as needed.
• Perform other store related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Requires less than 2 years of general work experience.
• Previous retail sales experience and/or experience working in a customer service environment is strongly preferred.
• Ability to use a telephone and POS systems.
• Perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders.
• Stand for extended periods of time up to 8 hours per day.
• Move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, and climb a ladder.
• Regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one for over 70 years, constantly working to perfect the art and enjoyment of the greater outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that offers them much more than just a paycheck.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
For US/CAN Postings Only:
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Columbia Sportswear Company
- Columbia Sportswear Company Jobs