Trinity Health Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical Nursing Resource Pool in Pontiac, Michigan
* Accountability Objectives:*
Assumes a leadership role in providing professional nursing care to patients within St. Joseph Mercy Oakland System. Responsibilities include: coordination, implementation and evaluation of the continuum plan of care in collaboration with other members of the multi-disciplinary team; actively supports and participates in Shared Governance; and promotes the organizational commitment to customer service.
II Position Qualifications:
Minimum Education, Licensure / Certification and Experience Required.
* A. Education*
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing or equivalent.
* B. Licensure / Certification*
- Current licensure to practice nursing in the State of Michigan.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is required for all RN Care Managers working in ER, ICU, CCU, PACU, Cardiac Med/Surg, Labor & Delivery, Endoscopy, Cath Lab, Special Procedures, Radiology and the Ambulatory Surgery Center.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification is required for all RN Care Managers providing in-patient care at the bedside including the Operating Room and RN Care Managers employed in the Day Hospital.
- Current Emergency Nurse Pediatric Certification (ENCP) is required for RN Care Managers working in the Emergency Room
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification is required for RN Care Managers working in the Ambulatory Surgery Center and PACU.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certification (NRC) required for RN Care Managers working in NICU and Labor & Delivery.
* C Special Skill / Aptitudes*
- Excellent customer service orientation skills necessary in order to deal effectively with various levels of hospital personnel, outside customers and community groups.
* D. Experience*
- Minimum two years' work experience as an RN on a medical/surgical type unit (for the Med/Surg Pool) or minimum two years' work experience as an RN in an ICU or Critical Care unit (for the Critical Care Pool)
III Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assesses patients for immediate and post-discharge needs in conjunction with the patient care team and the patient/family, in accordance with unit policy.
- Provides patient care that reflects a respect for patients' rights, dignity, values, culture preferences, and expressed needs and an attention to providing comfort, relieving pain, and alleviating anxiety.
- Conducts a utilization management assessment on a daily basis to facilitate appropriate use of healthcare resources and coordination of care.
- Convene multi-disciplinary care conferences and participates in rounds to ensure appropriate progress of patients through the system.
- Collaborates with patient/family, hospital staff, and community agencies to develop discharge plans that prepare patients for continued care needs.
- Implements care in accordance with the plan, Critical Pathway, and/or clinical protocol appropriately utilizing care team members in the care delivery process.
- Identifies variances from Critical Pathway and/or clinical protocols, resolves or refers issues as appropriate, and identifies opportunities for the improvement of care.
- Responds appropriately to changes in unit workloads, patient census and/or staffing levels.
- Assess patient/family needs for information and education across the continuum, plans and implements patient teaching using a variety of techniques and methods, and evaluates effectiveness of educational interventions.
Job Number: 00022855
Location: Pontiac, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMO On-Campus Specialty
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: 12 Hour Night Shift