Trinity Health Manager, Case Management in Pontiac, Michigan
Previous inpatient case management experience desired.
I Accountability Objectives:
Responsible for the efficient and effective management of assigned operations within the Outcomes Management Department. Directs technical and operational activities to facilitate the attainment of departmental and organizational goals and objectives. Oversight of Care Coordination processes and collaborating with patient care team. Facilitates and monitors the development, implementation, revision and maintenance of clinical data bases. Overseeing, mentoring and coaching associates as needed.
II Position Qualifications:
Minimum Education, Licensure / Certification and Experience Required.
- **Bachelors Degree in Nursing Required
- **Master of Science in Nursing or allied health discipline (i.e Social Work) preferred
B. Licensure / Certification
- CCM or ACM (Case Management certifications preferred). Selected candidate will have to sit for
certifications within 1 year if they are not certified at the time of hire.
- **Certification in CPUR or CPUM preferred.
C Special Skill / Aptitudes
- **Excellent customer service orientation skills necessary in order to deal effectively with various levels of
hospital personnel, outside customers and community groups.
- Thorough understanding of admission and discharge criteria, discharge planning concepts, insurance
requirements and documentation
**Interpersonal skills necessary in order to provide effective leadership to assigned areas of responsibility.
Analytical skills necessary to organize and oversee the work of associates and to assist in the development
and implementation of policies/procedures, budgets and other hospital initiatives.
- **Ability to work autonomously and can be directly accountable for the Departments outcomes.
- Proficient computer skills in FirstNet, Cerner Powerchart, Healthquest, Excel and Allscript.**
- **Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Medicare Conditions of Participation for Acute Care**
- Thorough knowledge of Interqual Intensity of Service and Patient care/ severity of illness criteria.**
- Minimum of **3 years of case management experience.
- **Minimum of 2 years experience in management preferred.
III Duties / Responsibilities:
1 Manages and coordinates activities of the Outcomes Management Department. Ensures adherence to
department policies/procedures and guidelines.
2 Organizes and monitors daily department operations to ensure collaboration with all the members of the
health care team. Oversees length of stay (LOS) and complex discharge planning issues and handles as
3 Assists in the development of departments strategic goals and programs which actively supports the
organization and division.
4 Develops collaborative relationships with physician leadership in clinical areas as it relates to outcomes.
5 Provides leadership related to the development and use of care management tools.
6 Assists with the development and monitoring of the department budget. Analyzes variances and develops
action plans as needed.
7 Accountable for the various departments assigned and their staffing plans, recruitment, hiring, orientation,
disciplining, counseling, and education. Organizes and participates in performance appraisal process of all
8 Assist in development of Impact Plan as a way to build employee satisfaction and engagement
9 Evaluates operational data to report/communicate identified metrics to physicians and staff as appropriate
Maintains staff professional portfolios, timely performance and competency evaluations and conducts annual
needs assessment to determine educational priorities for care coordination staff.
10 Maintains professional growth and development necessary to keep current with healthcare trends in care
coordination and clinical documentation.
11 Maintains current knowledge regarding federal and state regulations, legal updates, and third party payer
12 Consistent with organizational vision for hiring, disciplining, assigning work to and monitoring work of
associates within the Care Coordination department
13 Involves staff in developing duties and responsibilities to support the organizations service excellence
14 Collaborates with Physician Advisor to facilitate effective processes that will ensure appropriate use of
15 Provides guidance to PLP and Social workers on discharge alternatives ; provides InterQual criteria expertise
to support PLP/SW decision making. Monitors LOS and provides feedback ton appropriate staff/ groups.
16 Provides leadership for organizational projects and initiatives related to utilization management, patient
access and clinical documentation.
17 Develop and maintain Clinical Documentation training program that incorporates appropriate disciplines in
the educational process.
18**Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of St. Joseph Mercy
Oakland through performing behaviors consistent with the Trinity Health Values.
- **Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations, the Trinity
Health Organizational Integrity Program, including the Standards of Conduct, Code of Ethics, as well as
other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and
- **Supports and conducts one's self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
IV Dept/Unit Specific:
V Working Conditions:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This section describes the anticipated typical means of accomplishing the
essential functions of the job.
Has potential for exposure to infectious diseases, hazardous waste and chemicals.
Position requires high level of mental concentration to attain established deadlines. Working environment
includes frequent interruptions.
Position requires the use of hands for simple and firm grasping and fine manipulating.
In a typical day, the colleague may sit for 35%, stand for 45%, and walk for 20% of the day; occasional
bending/stooping (6-10% of work time).
- Your request for reasonable accommodation should be accompanied by a description of how you propose to
perform the essential function.
- Should you be unable to accomplish any function, or to perform it in the manner described, you may request
reasonable accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Idaho Human Rights Act.
Job Number: 00142902
Location: Pontiac, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - On Camp Hosp-Tax
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift