Trinity Health LPN-Medical Office - Marshall County Pediatrics - Full Time in Plymouth, Indiana
Will also consider Medical Assistant- Certified
Minimum: $14.97 - Maximum: $21.70
Administers direct and indirect patient care to patients in an ambulatory care setting as appropriate to the qualifications of an LPN. Works under the direction of a physician or professional healthcare provider. Coordinates and implements appropriate nursing interventions and patient care support services in conjunction with the physician’s or healthcare provider’s comprehensive patient care plan.
- Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
- Evaluates acute patient telephone calls and adds to daily schedule as appropriate. Provides counseling and/or direction to patient based on physician/healthcare provider preference or after consultation with provider.
- Provides for the physical, emotional, and safety needs of patients under the general direction of the ambulatory care physician or healthcare provider.
- Properly sets up exam room and prepares patients for examinations and procedures. Assists with procedures and examinations per physician/healthcare provider preference.
- Accurately assesses patient symptoms, reactions, and physical condition and records data in the medical record. Documents vital signs and any other measures indicated by the condition or diagnosis of the patient per office protocol.
- Schedules tests, admissions, etc. for patients with area hospitals and facilities as ordered by the physician/healthcare provider. In doing so, maintains a good rapport and cooperative working relationship with all members of the office, other provider offices, hospital services, and community agencies.
- Provides instructions and/or educational training on special tests, procedures, or health and lifestyle modifications per physician or healthcare provider orders.
- Performs selective nursing procedures as approved by policy and maintains appropriate knowledge and skill level. Examples: medication preparation and administration, dressing applications and suture removals, first aid, administration of catheters, enemas, or irrigations.
- Assists physician or healthcare provider with specialized treatments, i.e. gynecological exams, minor surgeries, electrocautery, biopsies, sigmoidoscopies, casting, sterile technique procedures, and specimen preparation.
- Coordinates and directs, under the supervision of the ambulatory care setting manager, the activities of clinical personnel as determined by the specific needs of the site. May include tasks such as staff scheduling, quality assurance, oversight of students, nursing support, etc. Serves as a mentor.
- Performs office laboratory procedures, which may include assisting with collection, testing, handling, transporting, and documenting of specimens.
- Participates in professional development and enhancement activities, i.e. organizational sponsored CEU’s and informal educational opportunities.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform responsibly in emergency situations based on the assessed needs of the patient.
- Maintains scheduled office visits by demonstrating appropriate time management and priority setting skills.
- Provides operational and organizational assistance to the physician or healthcare provider by keeping the office running smoothly, ensuring patients are ready for examination to eliminate waiting time, anticipating the needs for equipment and instruments, and assuring all pertinent tests/reports are available.
- Assures all documentation in the medical record is complete, accurate, timely, and co-signed by the physician or healthcare provider.
- Notifies patient of test results. This may include advising of medication changes, abnormal values, follow-up testing and other highly sensitive conditions.
- Handles all aspects of a prescription refill from retrieving the message from the script line, pulling the chart for review by the physician/healthcare provider and phoning or faxing the refill to the pharmacy. Appropriately documents in the medical record.
- Assists clinical associates with immunizations, lab draws, blood pressure checks, injections, rooming patients and other duties as necessary.
- Communicates with patients and visitors to the office in a professional, courteous, friendly and non-intimidating manner. Must be able to articulate the importance of the recommended directives of the physician or healthcare provider.
- Maintains technological competencies, organization and neatness in the work area. Completes all mandatory in-services in required timeframe. Regularly assists co-workers as needed. Utilizes resources in a manner, which reflects an understanding of proper stewardship.
- Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Graduate of accredited school of practical nursing. Licensure: Licensed in the State of Indiana. CPR certification. Experience: One or more years experience as LPN in a hospital or ambulatory care setting is preferred. Other Job Requirements: Must be tactful in handling patient problems often of a highly personal and confidential nature. Must be able to maintain self-composure during frustrating interpersonal situations. Sustained mental attention required. Moderate to high levels of stress should be anticipated on a daily basis. Must be able to respond and react to emergency and changing situations calmly, professionally, and in an expedient manner. Must be able to work without constant direct supervision. Able to adjust communication skills to the level of the patient. Computer skills preferred. May need to occasionally travel to other SJPN locations within the three county area. Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Job Number: 00104733
Location: Plymouth, IN
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Health System
Facility: SJHS - Medical Offices Lake Ave Ply
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift