Trugreen Irrigation Specialist - R12249 in Plainfield, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/6422653 Job Descriptionn
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Troubleshoots and repairs irrigation systems independently or under supervision. Performs a range of common duties including, but not limited to, lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading lawn care products from vehicles, digging and refilling holes and routine grounds maintenance tasks. Provides assistance to others in an overall team effort.
1. May service and/or install sprinkler systems to work order specifications.
2. Troubleshoots minor sprinkler system problems (wire valves, fix leaks, repair damaged sprinkler heads, etc.) to make systems work correctly.
3. Reads production schedule, customer order or work order to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed or serviced.
4. Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas. Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
5. Operates and/or maintains equipment such as a lawn tractors, spreaders, aerators and seeders.
6. Performs routine grounds maintenance or grounds equipment maintenance in accordance with established safety procedures.
7. Interacts with the customer onsite as needed to receive further direction regarding area to be serviced.
8. May engage in snow or ice removal ice from walks, driveways or parking lots. May rake and mulch leaves, aerate, seed, fertilize, mow and/or repair damaged lawns.
9. May assist in the pruning of trees and shrubs.
10. May drive vehicle to production locations and assigned areas.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma/GED or up to 1 year of related experience and/or training in irrigation maintenance/repair, lawn care, customer service or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
• Experience with irrigation systems strongly preferred
• License and/or certification as required by federal, state or local government
• Valid, permanent driver's license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Current liability auto insurance required. Must be 19 years of age by date of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Skill and ability to operate general tools and/or lawn care equipment to make repairs and/or service lawns
• Ability to interpret and follow verbal and written instructions and correspondence
• Verbal communication skills to interact with customers and other associates
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
• Ability to travel locally as needed
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An associate that is physically active, works indoors/outdoors, interacts with customers, and may be exposed to foreign substances (e.g., chemicals).
Regularly required to:
• Sit or stand
• Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for an extended period of time
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use vision abilitie for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and focus
• Lift up to 50 lbs independently
• Push and pull equipment
Occasionally required to:
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Moderate to loud
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat or wet conditions
• Subject to exposure to animals and insects
• Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment
* Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser: www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfn
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside o