Trinity Health Health Ministry Specialist in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
*ABOUT PITTSBURGH MERCY*
We are a community-faith based health and human services organization using person-centered care to treat our area’s most vulnerable populations. We work with families and individuals in settings that are safe and familiar to them, and view them as equal partners when planning, developing, and monitoring care.
Our mission is to be a compassionate, transforming presence within our communities. We reach out to offer help – and hope – to people who are experiencing:
- Mental illness and substance abuse
- Physical and spiritual health needs
- Intellectual disabilities
- Traumatic events or circumstances, including homeless people, PTSD, and abuse.
*ABOUT THE ROLE*
Our *Health Ministry Specialists* are responsible for assisting faith communities in starting Health Ministry programs to address health and wellness in the community. Advising and supporting volunteer and salaried faith community nurses and health ministers as they: provide health promotion services to the parish/congregation and their members through individual health counseling, health screening, and group education activities; and coordinate and facilitate parish and community health resources.
The Health Ministry Specialists work as an educator, consultant, advisor, and resource to parish ministry team to assist in addressing needs of the parish/congregation from a holistic perspective. Practice is guided by the essential functions of a Faith Community Nurse identified by the Westberg Institute for Faith Community Nursing. It is also guided by the American Nurses Association (ANA) Scope and Standards of Practice for Faith Community Nursing and Health Ministries Association (HMA). The Faith Community Nurse serves as a health educator, health counselor, advocate, referral agent, coordinator of volunteers, developer of support groups, and integrator of faith and health.
We’re looking for people who are compassionate, responsible, solutions-focused, and have experience with vulnerable populations.
- RN with Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (B.S.N.) or related field
- Master’s degree, some study in theology, pastoral ministry, spirituality, and holistic approaches to healthcare is highly desirable.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in professional nursing, including community health, home health nursing, or parish nursing experience.
- Experience in teaching and health counseling, knowledge of a variety of nursing areas as well as community resources, writing skills, and competency with computer programs are all highly desirable.
- Valid Driver’s License and car are required.
Job Number: 00121893
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Organization Name: Pittsburgh Mercy
Facility: PMPA_CAMPUS McAuley
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift