Penn Medicine Project Manager PCCHW in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Project Manager PCCHW
Job ID :83586
Job Category: Clerical/Administrative
Specialty Area: Clerical/Administrative
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: Dau
Penn Medicine Entity: Home Care and Hospice Services
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 3550 Market St
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
The mission of Penn Center for Community Health Workers is to improve health in high-risk populations through the effective use of Community Health Workers (CHWs). CHWs, hired from within local communities, provide social support, advocacy and navigation to low-income, high-risk patients. Our Center has developed IMPaCT, a CHW program which has been scientifically proven to improve patients’ access to care, engagement with healthcare, and hospital readmissions. We are a nationally-recognized CHW leader and have been featured in the New York Times, National Public Radio, and Forbes magazine.
• Lead a team of up to 7 Community Health Workers and sure they entire team meets established program targets
• Ensure continued quality of patient outcomes by producing regular reports and coaching CHWs to develop their skills
• Provide individualized supervision to CHWs
• Integrate CHWs with care providers working in hospitals and clinics
• Offer ideas and support projects to innovate and refine IMPaCT so that we achieve the best results
• Recruit CHW candidates from within the community and participate in the selection process
• Facilitate team meetings and support groups for patients
• Conduct basic accounting for project expenses and program management
Minimum Requirements :
• Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university. BSW or MSW is a plus.
• Experience- 6 years or more including:
o Clinical social work (preferred)
o Leadership experience with non-profit or community-based organizations
o Service in low‐income communities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of the resources and community-based organizations in West and Southwest Philadelphia
• Excellent understanding of the healthcare and social service systems including processes for enrollment in public benefits.
• Ability to exercise judgment in the application of professional services
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Penn Medicine Jobs