Trinity Health Nurse Practitioner - Mercy LIFE West Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Mercy LIFE West Philadelphia, a member of Trinity Health PACE, is seeking a Nurse Practitioner for its location in Philadelphia, PA. The Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community whenever possible. PACE serves individuals who are age 55 or older, certified by their state to need nursing home care, able to live safely in the community at the time of enrollment and live in a PACE service area. While all PACE participants must be certified to need nursing home care to enroll in PACE, only about 7 percent of PACE participants nationally reside in a nursing home. If a PACE enrollee needs nursing home care, the PACE program pays for it and continues to coordinate the enrollee's care. We encourage fellowship and independence while serving seniors and their families with dignity and respect. Delivering all needed medical and supportive services, PACE is able to provide the entire continuum of care and services to seniors with chronic needs while maintaining their independence in their home for as long as possible. Mercy LIFE West Philadelphia provides a competitive compensation and benefit package that complements this opportunity for personal growth and professional advancement. This position will work under the direction of the Medical Director. Administrative supervision of this position will be that of the Executive Director.
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for assessing, coordinating, monitoring, and providing health care services and treatment for Mercy LIFE West Philadelphia participants. Provides primary care services and continuous medical coverage to participants. Ensures safe, effective and efficient comprehensive nursing care according to Mercy LIFE West Philadelphia standards and quality management goals and objectives.
General responsibilities will include:
- Provides primary care services and continuous medical coverage to participants; demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess, plan care for and provide service to frail elderly participants. Ensures safe, effective and efficient comprehensive nursing care according to Mercy LIFE West Philadelphia standards and quality management goals and objectives.
- Provide liaison with primary care provider in the event of an episodic illness; assist in coordinating services provided by primary care provider.
- Maintains compliance with all regulated quality assurance and documentation requirements including PACE program guidelines and PNN standards.
- Serve as a member of the interdisciplinary team and participate in the development of the plan of care; provide updates to team regarding participants' change in health or functional status.
- Facilitate the integration of new participants into the Mercy LIFE West Philadelphia health care delivery system, including medication, immunizations, and routine monitoring of chronic problems and nursing care plan development.
- Provide on-call coverage during center hours of non-operation.
Candidates will have:
- Master's degree in Nursing with 5 to 7 years of experience required preferably in long term care. Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience working with a frail or elderly population.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to interact in extremely delicate, sensitive and/or complex situations, and to make effective presentations before senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to model the use of evidence-based leadership/practice, and project management skills.
- Candidates should have excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate with multiple levels in the organization.
- Must possess strong analytical and organizational skills. Must have the ability to meet strict deadlines with a high level of accuracy, ability to prioritize tasks in a highly automated setting and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Candidates should also possess the ability to work as part of a team.
Job Number: 00113285
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Organization Name: Trinity Health PACE
Facility: Trinity Health PACE – Mercy LIFE – West Philadelphia
Employment Type: Full time