Univision Communications, Inc Multimedia Journalist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Job #: WUVP 19-02
WUVP 65 a Univision Television Group station is currently accepting resumes for a Multi Media Video Journalist position within Noticias Univision 65 division based in Vineland, NJ. The MMVJ is responsible for the development and production of content for our early and late newscasts. Content is centered on news that informs, educates, empowers and entertains the North Carolina State Area. He or she will need to be well versed for storytelling and be able to maximize the usage of multimedia resources too. This position requires fine writing and video recording & editing skills, as well as a strong journalistic instinct with an eye for stories, people and trends creating a buzz in the community. Candidates should be creative thinkers able to conceptualize interactive projects for broadcast and online components for our news digital promotion.
• Reporting, shooting and editing video news stories and producing content for use in multiple outlets
• Candidate will write and post across various platforms including updating web site and mobile products
• The right candidate must know social media, do walk-and-talk live shots and be able to grab viewers with sights and sounds
• Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, produce, report and edit assigned stories daily
• Post video, pictures and stories to Website, Facebook, Radio and other social media outlets
• Maintain strong familiarity with local, national and international news and issues of the day
• Establish and maintain news contacts in the community
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors and the community at large
• Other duties as deemed necessary
Required Skills & Experience
• Minimum of 1-year experience reporting in television or any other media platforms with an emphasis on “live” studio and “in-the-field” reporting.
• Bilingual - fluency in English and Spanish with excellent and grammatically accurate Spanish language skills – both written and oral is required.
• Must have experience in developing contacts, producing hard news stories, working alone.
• Must be able to interpret and translate from English to Spanish accurately.
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of news production equipment and editing software (Final Cut Pro and/or Avid).
• Effective news writing and storytelling ability.
• Ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
• Candidate must have strong journalistic standards and ethics.
• Work flexible hours, including holidays, weekends and evenings.
Desired Skills & Experience
• A college degree in Journalism, Radio/Television or related field from accredited University
• Must be able to perform well under pressure, meet daily deadlines, and respond quickly to changes.
• Must be organized, highly motivated and results-oriented.
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must have and maintain a good driving record.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
• Must be willing to work from office in Vineland, NJ
• Employment/education will be verified
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 89 million unduplicated consumers monthly across its portfolio. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) en una empresa multimedia del más alto nivel, con 17 cadenas de televisión de señal abierta, por cable y digital; 59 estaciones de TV; 67 emisoras de radio; aplicaciones en línea y para dispositivos móviles, productos y sedes para creación de contenido. UCI se centra en ofrecer una experiencia con la marca dondequiera que esté su audiencia, alcanzando a más de 89M de consumidores mensuales en todas las plataformas. Como Compañía impulsada por una misión, UCI se centra en informar, entretener y empoderar a la comunidad hispana en los Estados Unidos.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled
Univision Communications, Inc
- Univision Communications, Inc Jobs