Comcast Manager, Supply Chain Analytics in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This position will provide technical and analytical support to the Xfinity Mobile Supply Chain Planning Organization. In this role, the contributor will support product lifecycle management, supply chain analytics and reporting. This position supports data analysis and ad-hoc reporting, database management, summarizing and presenting data in meaningful way to all levels of the organization. Must be able to perform and respond in a dynamic, flexible, team-oriented, and collaborative environment.
- Perform data analysis and reporting from a variety of sources and provide actionable recommendations.
- Collaborate with Xfinity Mobile Portfolio and Retail teams to support managing master data.
- Establish key metrics to measure Supply Chain Planning performance. Interpret the data to find room for improvement in processes.
- Production and distribution of daily, weekly, and monthly reports and dashboards.
- Maintain open dialogue with other functional business areas to coordinate activities and improve end to end supply chain performance and productivity.
- Play a critical role in development and implementation of analytical solutions to address business challenges.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on the metrics, data driven analysis, and reporting for SCM.
- Drive process improvements to find new best practices across the supply chain.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree is required. Masters degree is preferred.
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management-desired.
- Must have strong analytical skills including advanced use of MS Access, Excel, SQL-required.
- Must have strong knowledge in relational databases-required.
- Experience in JDA, Tableau or Qlik is a plus-desired.
- Process engineering, problem solving and process improvements-required.
- Project Management-desired.
- Ability to interact and communicate complex concepts with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical thinking.
- Detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer