Penn Medicine Director Ambulatory Access in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Director Ambulatory Access
Job ID :84290
Job Category: Management/Leadership
Specialty Area: Management/Leadership
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: M-F
Penn Medicine Entity: Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 1500 Market Street
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Directly reporting to the COO of CPUP, the Director provides operational leadership to the Penn Medicine Access Center. The Penn Medicine Access Center consists of departments ranging from Internal Medicine/Primary Care, Medical & Surgical Specialties, Hospital Ancillary Departments, Penn Dental and Penn Health Referral scheduling line. Access Center offers a full range of services including Inbound / Outbound Call Handling, Scheduling, Registration, Pre-Processing Appointments, Referral Management, and EPIC Messaging.
• Accountable for the oversight and Direction of the Scheduling Center, Central Registration and EMPI. Responsible for the direct supervision of the Manager of the Scheduling Center and the Manager of Registration and EMPI.
• Responsible for all aspects of the Ambulatory Scheduling and Central Registration center operations, including efficient and effective customer and patient satisfaction, work queue activity, personnel management, quality management, change management, and workforce planning.
• Oversees the coordination and delivery of all services related to the development and maintenance of an accurate and efficient patient registration process for CPUP and HUP and Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI) for all of UPHS.
• Responsible for assuring effective and efficient collaboration with Administration and Physician Leadership in those practices that use the Ambulatory Scheduling Center, ensure each parties’ needs are met, to troubleshoot issues as needed, and to plan for an address practice changes that impact scheduling processes or call volume.
• Responsible for ensuring that all the areas within scope of responsibility achieve agreed upon specific and overall performance and service targets. This includes proactively diagnosing root causes when areas are not achieving performance and service targets, defining and implementing action steps to achieve improved performance and communicating with the COO and appropriate leadership on an ongoing basis status and next steps.
• Participate in quarterly practice revenue cycle meetings. Participate on or send representative to the HUP Code Green Team.
• Serve as the UPHS Champion for Schedgistration. Monitor and report routinely to practices and hospital departments areas and individuals that are making registration errors. Work closely with practice support team and leadership to educate end users and enhance outcomes. Works closely with practice integration team to maintain registration compliance and certification program to ensure end user compliance with system-wide rules for appropriate registration. Ensure staff has adequate training and support to provide superior customer service.
• Manage large, multi-stakeholder budget to assure accountability and effective financial stewardship that supports desired outcomes. Provide appropriate reporting to stakeholders.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Minimum Requirements :
Bachelor's Degree And 5-10+ years experience;
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to constructively resolve issues and conflicts as they arise. Strong listening skills.
Strong analytic skills, using data to support decision-making and strategy
Ability to lead/manage others
Lead and work in a collaborative fashion with internal and external clients
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Penn Medicine Jobs