UnityPoint Health RN-Home Health in Peoria, Illinois
Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of “Best outcome every patient every time” through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation’s fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.
Position provides professional nursing care to assigned clients in support of the client's physician and pursuant to the objectives and policies of the Home Health Services Department (HHSD).
Ensures quality care for clients of all ages and groups by providing appropriate documentation, communication and other follow-up and by using time, supplies and other resources productively.
· Ensures quality and the safe delivery of home health care services.
· Conducts a client assessment as appropriate and completes visit documentation according to MMCI HHSD policy/procedure and regulatory bodies' requirements.
· Develops, implements, evaluates and amends a client's Plan of Care (POC) in cooperation with the physician, client/ caregiver and other health care members involved in the care.
· Implements nursing interventions to meet the client's needs and changing conditions in accordance with HHSD policy/ procedures.
· Communicates to the physician changes in the client's condition according to HHSD policy/procedure.
· Communicates with the physician(s), client/caregiver and other health care professionals involved in the care of the client per HHSD policy/procedure.
· Communicates the client/caregiver's needs to other staff members as appropriate when others are assigned to the client's care.
· Participates in client case reports to team members.
· Reports to the assigned Home Health Clinical Manager.
· Gives routine primary client reports to the Clinical Manager which include, but are not limited to, problems encountered with the client's care, the client's progress toward goals, client admission to primary caseload.
· Respects client confidentiality in all communications.
· Reports and completes appropriate documentation regarding client occurrences following HHSD policy/procedure.
· Uses time, supplies and other resources productively to promote responsive and cost-effective client care.
· Observes, performs tests, procedures and initiates measures to prevent complications or minimize the effects of disease or injury.
· Demonstrates skilled care on an intermittent basis in compliance with the care described in the Plan of Treatment (POT).
· Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the individual client.
· Recognizes the need for referral(s) to other disciplines or resources that might assist with client care.
· Sets goals with the client/caregiver that are realistic, age-specific and accordance with the Plan of Treatment.
· Provides thorough coordination of care for all clients by communicating and/or documenting appropriate follow-up with HHSD staff, physicians and other sources in accordance with HHSD policy/procedure.
· Supervises and directs client care provided by HHSD Home Care Aides (HCA) as well as makes supervisory visits in the client's home.
· Assesses progression of goals for all disciplines involved in care per HHSD Policy /Procedures.
· Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to obtain adequate lab specimens for testing.
· Performs patient bedside lab testing and associated quality control in compliance with medical provider’s orders and hospital lab procedures/policies.
Ensures that clinical records are complete, legible, accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
· Provides necessary and appropriate documentation for the following, including, but not limited to:
o Client admission/assessment visit;
o Home Health Certification/Recertification and Plan of Treatment (POT)
o Client Care Plans;
o Daily Visit Notes;
o Change Orders;
o Discharge Visit/Summaries;
o Audit issues;
o Occurrence Reports;
o ON-call visit communications;
o Follow up communications;
· Provides clinical records that will comply with MMCI HHSD Policies and Procedures and State and Federal Rules and Regulations and adheres to the standards of Regulatory agencies.
· Submits all clinical documentation per HHSD policy/procedure.
Demonstrates punctuality and flexibility in work schedule to meet the needs of the client/caregiver and the needs of the department.
· Utilizes time so that client care is maximized.
· Organizes visit schedule so that clients are seen within the assigned time required.
· Recognizes and prioritizes client needs so that all members of the caseload receive maximal care.
· Shows flexibility in work schedule by beginning the start of the day earlier or ending later or changing work shift in order to accommodate the needs of the client/caregiver in the community and meet the needs of the department.
· Attends and participates in Quarterly Departmental meetings.
· Attends and participates monthly team/ departmental meetings.
· Is responsible for signing up for on-call.
· Demonstrates ability to triage on call needs they occur.
· Responds willingly to requests by HHSD to assist in covering extra skilled nursing visits, call coverage, weekend/holiday p.m. visits.
· Turns in cellular phone statements/payments by specified time.
· Submits payroll time slip sheets accurately and timely.
- Obtains and utilizes educational opportunities for professional development, personal growth and remains up-to-date with current trends.
· Assumes responsibility for being informed about developments in the department and the health care field.
Informs and interprets health information to clients/caregivers and other members of the home health team.
Identifies own learning needs by participating in educational activities within the department, organization and the community.
Meets and maintains all departmental and MMCI educational requirements.
Other certifications required by MMCI and/or HHSD.
Participates and/or assists departmental work groups/teams.
Is knowledgeable of payor sources requirements, OASIS Data Sets, Standards of Professional practice, HHSD policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
Obtains/maintains HHSD/MMCI technical skills, competencies or certifications requirement for the HHSD and specific client populations
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Diploma, Associate’s or BSN in the field of Nursing.
1-3 years of experience in an acute care setting.
1-3 years of experience in home health care.
Current licensure in good standing as a Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Valid Driver’s License in the state of IL.
Must have Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) run annually.
Must have access to own transportation. Verification of minimum auto insurance required.
Required English Skills
Advanced reading skills
Advanced writing skills
Advanced oral skills
Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker
Interaction with a wide variety of people
Maintain confidential information
Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
Familiarity with home care software and email use
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2019-64314
Street: 120 NE Glen Oak
Name: 5020 UnityPoint Health Methodist Medical Center
Name: SN Visits- HC- MMCI
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 40 hours first shift
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org