Defense Logistics Agency LEAD SUPPLY TECHNICIAN in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
See below for important information regarding this job.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a working leader over other employees and concurrently performs identical duties.
- Performs research to resolve inventory discrepancies. Investigates stock/record/material discrepancies impacting inventory balances.
- Receives a variety of communications such as emails, telephone calls, letters, reports, IOMs, etc.,
- concerning discrepancies involving material inspections, issues, shipments, receipts, storage and inventory adjustment actions generated externally or from local processing.
- Performs physical inventory counts, material inspections and location survey checks. Updates records based on cyclic inspections, and researches receipt discrepancies for record adjustments.
- Receives information of discrepancies, investigates material, and responds to defective material messages in support of the COSIS program.
- Assists in the development of quality control plans and process improvement initiatives for the purpose of enhancing overall inventory accuracy and accountability. Assists in cyclic inspections and AD Hoc discrepancy processing.
- May operate material handling equipment (MHE) such as forklifts and stock selectors to move material.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
2005 Supply Clerical And Technician
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Tour of Duty: Full Time, Various Shifts
- Security Requirements: Non Sensitive
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Bargaining Unit Status: Yes
- Pre-Employment Physical: Required
- Subject to Overseas Rotation Agreement, Tour Length: 36 Months(http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/14 0025v1230.pdf)
To qualify for a Lead Supply Technician, your qualifications must include: Specialized Experience: To qualify at the GS-07 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 level. Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Examples of specialized experience are identified in the Major Duties section of this vacancy announcement and may also include: * Conducting physical inventories and location surveys * Investigating stock/record/material discrepancies impacting inventory balances * Preparing reports concerning results of investigations performed
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
Physical Demands: The work requires the incumbent to physically walk the depot warehouses to conduct physical searches and to sit comfortably in an office environment when investigating inventory data. Occasional situations may require climbing ladders, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
Work Environment: The work is performed in both an office and warehouse environment. May be required to wear safety shoes, back support when lifting, and operating equipment in support of material research.
NON-FOREIGN OCONUS: Cost of Living Allowance and Non-Foreign Post Differential may be authorized upon determination of eligibility. Please review the following link for additional information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/pay-systems/nonforeign-areas/ .
HAWAII INFORMATION: It is highly recommended that research be done about the cost of living in Hawaii prior to applying. For information about the cost of living and many other important items to consider visit: http://www.hvcb.org .
For Important General Applicant Information and Definitions go to: http://www.dla.mil/portals/104/documents/careers/GenAppInfoDef.pdf
Reemployed Annuitants:This position does not meet criteria for appointment of Reemployed Annuitants. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
INFORMATION FOR VETERANS is available at: http://www.dla.mil/Careers/Programs/veterans.aspx. As of 23 December 2016, Military retirees seeking to enter federal service in the Department of Defense now require a waiver if they would be appointed within 180 days following their official date of retirement.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has established a Drug-Free Federal Workplace Policy. All applicants tentatively selected for DLA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with DLA for a period of six months. This policy extends to random testing for the use of illegal drugs by employees who occupy testing designated positions defined as sensitive in Section 7(d) of Executive Order 12564. The Defense Logistics Agency's Drug Free Workplace Plan's drug testing panel includes testing for the following illegal substances: marijuana, cocaine, opiates (codeine/morphine), 6-Acetylmorphine (heroin), phencyclidine, amphetamines (amphetamine/methamphetamine), methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphone.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The assessments for this job will measure the following Competencies:
- Knowledge of inventory/distribution functions
- Ability to investigate, gather information and perform analysis
- Knowledge of automated supply systems
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to lead
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation may be completed and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire and USA Hire assessments. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If your resume and/or supporting documentation is reviewed and a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position you must provide a complete Application Package. Each Application Package MUST include:
- Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed. If multiple resumes are submitted by an applicant, only the last resume submitted will be reviewed for the qualifications and referred for selection consideration if eligible.
- Applicable documents to support the eligibility(s) for which you are applying. Please review the following link for a listing of the additional documents you will need to provide: Supporting Documents.
- If you are requesting a reasonable accommodation to the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, submit documentation to support your request, including the Reasonable Accommodation Request Form found here.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
Please read the entire announcement and all the instructions before you begin an application. To apply for this position, you must complete the initial online application, to include submission of the required documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration. The application process is as follows:
- To begin the application process, click the Apply Onlinebutton.
- Answer the questions presented in the application and attach all necessary supporting documentation.
- Click the Submit Applicationbutton prior to 11:59 PM (ET) on 02/20/2019.
- After submitting your online application, you will be notified whether or not you are required to take any additional online assessments through the USA Hire Competency Based Assessment system. This message will be delivered to you both on screen and via email notification. If you do not receive the email invitation to the assessment and you meet the minimum qualifications for the position, you should contact
to request the email be re-sent. Requests to re-send invitations to the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments must be received by
BEFORE the close of the JOA. 5. If you are asked to take the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be presented with a unique URL to access the USA Hire system. Access to USA Hire is granted through your USAJOBS login credentials. Be sure to review all instructions prior to beginning your USA Hire Assessments. Note, set aside at least 3 hours to take these assessments; however, most applicants complete the assessments in less time. If you need to stop the assessments and continue at a later time, you can re-use the URL sent to you via email and also found on the Additional Application Informationpage that can be located in the application record in your USAJOBS account. To update your application, including supporting documentation, at any time during the announcement open period by returning to your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login). There you will find a record of your application, the application status, and an option to Update Application. This option will no longer be available once the announcement has closed.
To verify the status of your application both during and after the announcement open period, log into your USAJOBS account: https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login. All of your applications will appear on the Welcome page. The application record in your USAJOBS account provides an Additional Application Informationpage that provides information regarding the documentation you submitted and any correspondence sent related to this application. The ApplicationStatus will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Statusmeans, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Notifications: All notifications on application status will be sent to you via email and posted to your USAJOBS account.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/images/1/14/USAHireReasonableAccommodationFAQs-01-26-17.pdf.
To preview the questionnaire, please go to https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10421177.
Agency contact information
DLA Distribution Pearl Harbor 2000 Gaffney Street Pearl Harbor, HI 96860 US
Learn more about this agency
If you meet the minimum qualifications of this position, you may be presented with instructions on how to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments (CBA) system. These additional online assessments must be completed within 48 hours following the close of this announcement unless you have requested Reasonable Accommodation for the USA Hire CBA. Your results will be kept on record for one year when applying for future jobs that require the same USA Hire CBA. NOTE: If the USA Hire CBA is altered within a year of your last application, you will be required to take the new USA Hire CBA. If no additional online assessments are required you will receive an OPM notification stating "It has been determined that you have completed all required online assessments and your application is complete. No further action is required."
Once you successfully complete the application process, you will receive a notification of receipt. Your application package will be reviewed to ensure you meet the basic eligibility and qualifications requirements, and you will receive a notification. A review may be completed of your online questionnaire and the documentation you submitted to support your responses. Applicants that are found among the most highly qualified may be referred to the hiring official for consideration, and you will receive a notification of referral. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and as part of the selection process, applicants may be required to complete additional supplemental documents. Once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision. If interviews are conducted, DLA uses a technique called Behavior Based Interviewing (BBI). Be sure to check your USA Jobs account for your notification updates.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524067600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 02/11/2019 to 02/20/2019
Pay scale & grade: GS 7
Salary: $42,462 to $55,199 per year
Appointment type: Permanent - Multiple Appointment Types
Work schedule: Full-Time