CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Product Owner in Owings Mills, Maryland
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Database Administration
City: Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J0219-1141
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
In this role, the ADO Product Owner (PO) will work with the ADO Product Directors, Product Architects, Client Produce Leads, Release Managers, Scrum Masters and other internal and external stakeholders, to support development of Agile Product Vision and Roadmap, with the goal of building the best viable product for the customer. The ADO PO works with project teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release. The PO is responsible for defining and executing the product roadmap. This includes defining requirements, writing user stories, prioritizing initiatives, and driving scalability and other investments for our core systems.
The ideal candidate is someone with strong technical skills and knowledge combined with the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts, but with enough business acumen to prioritize initiatives and work with senior management on tradeoffs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure business needs are being articulated and defined appropriately.
• Decompose features into user stories with user acceptance criteria based on the business needs.
• Support development of Product Vision and Product Roadmap.
• Own the Team Backlog and participate in Agile grooming sessions for product user stories.
• Work very closely with the Scrum Master, Release Manager, Product Directors, Product Architects and the Scrum Team to support deliverables.
• Participate in Release planning
• Support Sprint Planning
• Serve as a product expert, understanding user workflow, and working with Development to deliver solutions to meet end user needs.
• Demonstrate the ability to own a complex solution including future release development and integration.
• Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams.
• Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
• Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product.
• Bridge the gap between our technical needs and the requirements of our users including providing detailed product requirements for implementation of changes to our systems.
• Work with key stakeholders across integrated project teams to ensure successful product releases.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience working within the Scaled Agile Framework.
• Experience writing requirements and manage others driving requirements through the full SDLC. Includes business requirements, functional design, test plans, implementation plans, and can review and understand technical design.
• Technical understanding of databases, flow diagrams, some ability to read code and scripts.
• Ability to own and drive defect triage and prioritization.
• Experience with managing the creation and grooming of user stories and defining acceptance criteria in Scrum.
• Excellent communication and Partnership skills.
• Hands on experience with Agile practices, Scrum process, Kanban etc.
• Proven leadership experience in IT delivery.
• Deep understanding and experience of web technologies, user experience modeling/evolution etc. Understanding of mobile technologies will be a plus.
• Knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle.
• Business savviness and ability to identify potential business and product opportunities.
• Experience with Product Roadmap development and influencing key stake holders for buy in on business priorities.
• U.S. Citizen or legal wright to work in the United States without sponsorship
• Location: Owings Mills, MD
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.